What's new

New Rudy Vey brush

It's my first brush by Rudy and also my first custom brush. Wanted an M7 style handle with 26mm shavemac knot. Bit of funk, gave a good soaking and doing some breaking in right now.

Did a test lather and worked up MWF super easily.

Looking foward to to its first true use.

$image.jpg

That brush looks great. Got nice color to it.

Thanks. I had wanted to get a jade paladin, but that was not to be, or any other paladin for that matter. Easiest route for what I wanted was through Rudy. He was great to deal with, answered all my questions, helped me out along the way and made the brush pretty quickly.

Very nice @Rxdude! I'll be interviewing Mr Vey for B&B this week, is there any message you'd like me to mention in our talk?
I'd just mention that for me, having never ordered a custom brush, or even being as knowledgeable as others as to loft, splay, ect., I found the experience to be really easy. I sent several emails with questions and he was very quick to reply, answered all my questions and also made the brush fairly quickly.
i think it's important when having a brush custom made to be honest with your likes and dislikes, what you're looking for, how you'll use it, and to not be afraid to ask any questions.

He must make many M7 style handles because I looked around and saw some of his prior works that differed slightly from my m7. The main difference was the top, I liked the flat top, seems like some other brushes had a more curved top. This handle came out just the way I had hoped, it's my only jade handle.

Did a test face lather and the brush performs very well, it'll be on deck for tonight's shave.

Brush specs for those interested...
handle, based off Simpsons M7, shavemac 2 band silvertip (D01 I think), 26.6/27mm knot, loft 53/54mm as recommended by Rudy.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Very nice brush, rx. Rudy does superb work. I have 5 RVs and every one is a masterpiece.

Top Bottom