What's new

BRUTAL Classic

I posted a review of the Brutal aftershave awhile back ,can't locate it at the moment,but now I find out they are producing a cream as well.I was lucky enough to have one sent to me by a great Polish shaver ,Vlad,and I am very grateful for the nice gift.From what Vlad tells me ,this cream is very hard to get ,even in Poland !...My big shock is now I have cream # 3 in the "most heavily perfumed creams" category.Yardley Gold & Excellence tied for #1 ,and Park Ave. at #2 , this Brutal cream is just a hair lighter in potency.The scent borders on "feminine" ,but not quite....It's a powdery scent smoothed out with a 4711 type top note,very nice ,extremely unusual.It flows out of the tube as a pearlescent pink snake,and it tolerates water very well.Lathers into a thick ,snow white cream.The shave was great,zero problems,glide and moisturizing were good,nothing to complain about here.So glad I had the opportunity to try this,another in a massive line-up of Polish products that seldom reach the shores of America.....:thumbup1:

Attachments

• $DSCN0216.jpg
    $DSCN0216.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 139
  • $DSCN0218.jpg
    $DSCN0218.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 143
  • $DSCN0246.jpg
    $DSCN0246.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 137
  • $DSCN0248.jpg
    $DSCN0248.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 137
  • $DSCN0249.jpg
    $DSCN0249.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 139
When I checked your photos you can see website is La Rive which is now producing Brutal. I am not sure if Pollena (original producer and owner) had some problems and they sold licenses their very popular and flag ship of aftershave and cologne.
I think you can find some review of La Rive product on B&B forum. It will be nice to compare if old and new version of Brutal AS is this same...

Great review...i wonder how strong this cream is and what are the other two cream for a top 5 of the strong scented creams!

Great review...i wonder how strong this cream is and what are the other two cream for a top 5 of the strong scented creams!

Australia used to have a tube called Fauldings with a very nice strong scent,now the new owners call it "Shave" if I remember correctly...

I like Shave. It's available all over the place where I live (Queensland) and is very cheap (about $2.50). It's a good traditional sort of scent and seems has a simple formula going by the ingredients list). I always keep a tube in my stash.
proxy.php

Yes ,formerly Fauldings , who sold the company.Not sure if the new owners changed the formula a little bit.

Attachments

• $fauldings2.jpg
    $fauldings2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 67
I seem to remember the Brutal cream at some point. Never tried it, but I believe I've heard some mention about it being very good.

Top Bottom