What's new

WARS Sport

Here's a real classic aftershave from Poland....You take a good shave with a Wizamet razor & blade using Brutal cream and then splash on this Wars, sit in your easy chair ,sip a little Count Potocki vodka ,close your eyes and you'll feel like the Warden of Wronki Prison on a Sunday morning.This emerald green liquid is real old school ,lasts a long time and is very high octane ,keep away from open flames !...Beautiful heavy ,thick glass bottle with a cheap horrible cap,really good woda kolonska if you can find it !...:tongue_sm

Attachments

• $DSCN0208.jpg
    $DSCN0208.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 86
Here's a real classic aftershave from Poland....You take a good shave with a Wizamet razor & blade using Brutal cream and then splash on this Wars, sit in your easy chair ,sip a little Count Potocki vodka ,close your eyes and you'll feel like the Warden of Wronki Prison on a Sunday morning.This emerald green liquid is real old school ,lasts a long time and is very high octane ,keep away from open flames !...Beautiful heavy ,thick glass bottle with a cheap horrible cap,really good woda kolonska if you can find it !...:tongue_sm

How does the scent of the aftershave compare to the scent of WARS shave cream?

It has different scent and I don't think they made shave cream to pair with it. This Wars is more "modern" development.
But maybe malocchio can describe better?

I beg to disagree regarding WARS classic. By coincidence, I've been using the cream and AS over the past few days and the scent is pretty close, if not the same. Can't really imagine following the cream with anything else.

I beg to disagree regarding WARS classic. By coincidence, I've been using the cream and AS over the past few days and the scent is pretty close, if not the same. Can't really imagine following the cream with anything else.

Yep , I would say it's in the ballpark , but not a match..Really should not be that hard to make it a match though,should be quite easy !

I looked up the classic version on that Miraculum site and it shows an amber-colored aftershave. The classic version aftershave I have is blue-colored, with a different shave cream tube design than what is shown there.

Last edited:
This is not the Classic , this is the Sport. Also , WARS has revamped their products over the last few years.I no longer see this Sport version listed.

Like I said it was for Euro 2012...
This year was more successful than before so maybe they make updated version of Euro 2016:thumbup1:

>J

Like I said it was for Euro 2012...
This year was more successful than before so maybe they make updated version of Euro 2016:thumbup1:

>J

I hope so !...The best thing about Poland is that even with all the new things they bring out for the younger shavers , they still produce the true classics for old guys like me.Pryzmyslawka, Consul , Bi-Es ,Hattric and a few more old scents are still available ,unlike here in America where all the old classics are long gone...

Looks like Poland is out after their bout with Portugal last night. So a Euro 2016 line might bring up bad memories...

Didn't mean to take things off-topic with the Classic references. Bottle, cap, and label are identical to the Euro 2012 Sport though, and I bought it from a French dealer that was selling the 2012 Sport at the time, so I imagine that it's of the same vintage. Great stuff, although a bit strong in the scent department for me.

I knew I forgot something...PRASTARA ......Probably Polands oldest and most famous cologne / aftershave.Reformulated many times ,it is still available today.....Here's a few pics and some great ads from Polands past http://postimg.org/gallery/39rb208bg/ ....Looking at the old Przymyslawka ad I see they also once had a shave stick ! :tongue_sm

Attachments

• $przy.jpg
    $przy.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom