What's new

Proraso Green VS Cella

I'm debating between two soaps Proraso Green OR Cella
Two most important things for me, in shaving soap it as much as possible softening beard, thick and hard, the other thing important to me is to have good protection from the blade (I often tends to be cut) ..

So for all the things I mentioned to you, Which is better: Proraso Green or Cella ???
TNX :thumbup1:

Proraso Green

proxy.php

Cella

proxy.php

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
As long as I like and enjoy Proraso, Cella is a vastly superior soap. No question.

Both are croaps that I love. Please don't make me choose.

+1 ... You've been around B&B long enough to know that "Buy them Both" is always the right answer.

I like Proraso green for the dog days of Summer. Its menthol component makes for a great face-freeze, especially when you soak your brush in ice-water. It lathers easily and quickly and works well for any type of beard.

Cella can be used year-round. I always get terrific performance from Almond-based soaps and creams, but I'm not crazy about the smell. Luckily, Cella has a rather muted aroma, so it is not as offensive to my nose as some others like it.

For me, is Proraso. Oddly enough, I liked Cella when I first got it. First few weeks got good shaves. After a while, I started to develop some kind of allergy to one of the ingredients, so it started to burn my face. The scent was something that kinda got irritating for me over the time. I loved it at first, but then it got annoying. Have the same reaction to red Proraso. Don't like those sweet scents too much. They are interesting for first shaves, but then I feel them somehow overpowering.
Now, as far as Proraso green goes, I always had great shaves with it. I still consider it one of the best performing soaps. I tend to disagree with most people regarding what a "quality lather" should look like. I don't think that a soap should produce lather that feels a certain way, that looks slick or something like it. As long as I'm constantly getting excellent shaves, that's an excellent performer. Proraso is a little on the dry side, I like using it without a lot of water. It's not as thick or shiny as Cella, but, I don't know, it simply works flawlessly for me. Definitely much better than Cella.

Cella is a better quality soap but I've become so bored with the traditional Italian almond scent.
Proraso has a nice bit of menthol that's far from boring and quite enjoyable.

If I had to pick for myself I'd get the Proraso green but picking for you, I'd say get both as these are soaps that everyone should try.
I'm not sure if you know this but the C.O. Bigelow green shaving cream can be bought in a tube at any Bath & Body Works. C.O. Bigelow is just rebranded Proraso. So maybe swing by the local mall and pick up a tube of it for $5 and order the Cella.

I'm not sure if you know this but the C.O. Bigelow green shaving cream can be bought in a tube at any Bath & Body Works. C.O. Bigelow is just rebranded Proraso. So maybe swing by the local mall and pick up a tube of it for $5 and order the Cella.
The $5 tube is only 1.7oz. The $10 tube offers 3 times as much product.

And B&BW frequently has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, so you can get 3 large tubes for $20 ... other savings are available through unadvertised rebates and so forth. Ask a salesperson for more details.

They also make a $10 aerosol version of shaving cream. I've never tried it, but I've seen favorable reviews.

You can mix-n-match on that B2G1 sale, so you can get two tubes of cream and one can of goop for $20.

Typically, a large tube of cream lasts me about 2 months of use.

Get the kilo of Cella for $39
Your price per shave will be pennies. When summer gets unbearably hot you will buy the proraso green anyway, you have justified having both now!

Proraso green was my first foray into non-canned goo, and I thought it was amazing when I got it. I got a tub of Cella a few months later and was blown away by the performance (so much so, that I bought a kilo of it, which should last me a decade or so). If I had to choose one, I definitely find Cello to be the better performer.

Cella is better. However it makes less difference in summer. Why not Proraso when the weather gets warm and Cella otherwise?

Flip a coin, really. For the price, Proraso is better. Price aside, Cella is better. Scents are negligible.

I find Cella slicker and more protective than Proraso personally. I love the menthol kick of Proraso, but I wish it performed just a bit better and did not leave that white slime trail on everything.

I've got Proraso over Cella, but not by too much. I've had better shaves with Proraso. Cella is good too, just not AS good for me.

Both of them are good , italian classics.
Cella's formulation is better for dry and sensetive skin. Its protection and slickness much better than Proraso.
I use Proraso especially in Summers. In sunny days Cella would leave a little oily skin.
After a bad shave for the next shave, i look for Cella.
Cella, Proraso,Tabac and Mitchells Wool Fat , these four soap are great European shaving soaps, i will not quit using.

Top Bottom