What's new

Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream Availability?

I saw Nick Shaves' Youtube review of this & wanted to try it out. He said he paid $3 for a 3.5 oz tube (video review was made about 2 years ago.) But I have been unable to find this at any stores locally (Walmart, CVS, Fry's, etc.) where lots of other Nivea products are sold.

I found it on Amazon for $13.50 - which is dramatically more expensive than I thought it would be. My wife thought it might be discontinued. And in looking at some of the B&B forum posts, a few of you thought the same thing. But in looking at other posts, I find it's available in Canada, Mallorca, and some other international locations.

Do any B&B members in the CONUS use this, where have you found it, and how much was it? I'd like to try it, but wasn't certain I wanted to spend $3.50/oz for something I thought I could find for 1/10th that price.

Thanks for any info.

My local Giant grocery store carries it for under $4. I haven't looked in Target, but I bet they do, too.

I don't think we have any Giant grocery stores here in Southern AZ (at least, I don't recall seeing any nearby.) But I will check the local Targets next time I'm near them (that's one store I don't think we checked as we're not in them very often.) Thanks.

I can get it at Wegmans supermarket, which is a chain limited to the Mid-Atlantic states.
But that is the only B&M retail store I've ever seen it in.

Last time I looked, it was $3.29 per tube.
Its a good value at that price, but I wouldn't pay much more than that.

Its a great cream, but I rarely use it. Not when I have so many others to choose from.
I often toss it in my travel kit, since it blends well with other products like colognes and EdTs.

It mainly comes out when I am testing new hardware, and I want software that is as neutral and transparent as possible.
And I usually follow the cream with either Nivea Sensitive ASB or generic Witch Hazel, again, for transparency.

Amazon sometimes offers good prices, but you can sometimes find better of it for the price. I like going on eBay or just a local pharmacy!

Didn't think about e-bay. Just did a search there & found plenty of offers for $10-$13/ tube. The first ad that showed up in the search was $18 for a pkg of 4 - not too bad, but it would take me a while to get through 4 tubes. Still... the price/oz might be OK if I can't find it anywhere locally. Besides, I can try out one tube, use one for travel (maybe), & possibly give 2 away to folks wanting to try it out. We'll see...

Grab the normal one if you can find it. $18 is a lot, even for 4 tubes. In Europe, I get it for about $1.5/tube.
Anyway, I find it bad. The original is much nicer scented, the sensitive one is floral and sweet, is nauseating for me. Smells like the Nivea Men creme, but more floral. If you ever smelled that cream and you felt the need to bathe in that scent, you'll love it. I highly doubt it, though. :laugh:
As the "sensitive" part goes, the Sensitive one burns my face. No problem with the regular one, but the Sensitive one is awful for me. I guess they added more fragrances to create that scent.
Performance-wise is good, but nothing special. You find the same performance in any other popular shaving cream.

In my opinion, there is nothing to write home regarding Nivea Sensitive. You are much better off with two soaps for $18. You get much-much-much more usage and better quality too.

I don't know how popular are shaving creams in the US. Here, in Romania, we have 8-10 types of shaving creams available in big stores. Nivea Sensitive is probably the only one that I'm never gonna buy again.

I can get it at Safeway. I forget exactly how much, but it's under $4. I had to look a little bit -- it was on the top shelf or something, not exactly where I would expect it. I see that you have a Safeway in Sahuarita. They don't have it at CVS or Rite Aid here.

For members in other areas of the western US, they have been carrying it at Grocery Outlet for $1.99.

As far as I know, only the Sensitive version is available in the US.

I'm pretty sure most box pharmacy stores carry it. I'm pretty sure I saw it at the local CVS, but I may be mistaken, they have a bunch of Nivea shave products.

I'm pretty sure most box pharmacy stores carry it. I'm pretty sure I saw it at the local CVS, but I may be mistaken, they have a bunch of Nivea shave products.

I've looked for it at CVS, its not there. Not even at CVS online.
They do have the Nivea Sensitive aerosol gel, but that is fairly common and can be found everywhere.

One thing that CVS does carry is the VdH Deluxe boar brush. This is the one with the white handle. It is a much better quality knot than the VdH Natural, which is the common piece of trash with the green or blue handle.

The Deluxe knot is made from better bristles, and it is fuller, denser, and more carefully formed. And its still under $9.

And it appears to be a CVS exclusive.
I've never seen it anywhere else, except on Amazon, where it is much more expensive.

If you find this brush at your local store, open up each box and examine the knots, since there does appear to be some variance from piece to piece. Then choose the one that appeals to you most.

Last edited:
I've bought it from Safeway for 3.99 a tube. It was a few months ago. Haven't looked for it since. Hopefully it's still available. It's a nice cream for the price.

proxy.php

I couldn't find any at the places I used to buy it (Target, Rite Aid, Drugstore.com.) I wrote to Nivea and they told me the product had been discontinued.

Found a lot of 21 tubes on eBay and grabbed them, as it is a really good product that, until recently, had been widely available for a great price.

I saw Nick Shaves' Youtube review of this & wanted to try it out. He said he paid $3 for a 3.5 oz tube (video review was made about 2 years ago.) But I have been unable to find this at any stores locally (Walmart, CVS, Fry's, etc.) where lots of other Nivea products are sold.

I found it on Amazon for $13.50 - which is dramatically more expensive than I thought it would be. My wife thought it might be discontinued. And in looking at some of the B&B forum posts, a few of you thought the same thing. But in looking at other posts, I find it's available in Canada, Mallorca, and some other international locations.

Do any B&B members in the CONUS use this, where have you found it, and how much was it? I'd like to try it, but wasn't certain I wanted to spend $3.50/oz for something I thought I could find for 1/10th that price.

Thanks for any info.

I think you may be a touch late, for our neck of the woods. I was getting it at a local Safeway, but last time I checked it was on clearance(about 4 months ago).

That said, your a Vet(+1), and practically local(AZ, +2). So send me your Address and I will put a tube or two(Yes, I teotwawki'd the stuff, about 20+ tubes:w00t:)in the mail.

Just know, once you enjoy it, you may be royally screwed as afar as getting it!!! But my offer stands!

Yes, I teotwawki'd the stuff, about 20+ tubes:w00t:)in the mail.
I had never heard this term before, so I googled it, and it makes sense.

Yet another example of a little known benefit of B&B membership ... building one's vocabulary.

Yeah. That was the 90s term that some people used for prepping & Y2K, before the advent of the Zombie Apocylpse, Martial Law, and SHTF of course.

Grab the normal one if you can find it. $18 is a lot, even for 4 tubes. In Europe, I get it for about $1.5/tube....
As the "sensitive" part goes, the Sensitive one burns my face. No problem with the regular one, but the Sensitive one is awful for me....

SmurfK - Thanks for the review. I'd like to try both types for myself if possible. But as difficult as it's turning out to be to find this stuff - either the regular or the sensitive versions - I might not have a choice. My wife looked at the Safeway near where we live & had no luck there either. Since he offered, I think I might get Mako72 to send me a tube or two of the sensitive version from his stash to try out. If I like it, it's E-bay as long as it's available or learn to live without it.

That said, your a Vet(+1), and practically local(AZ, +2). So send me your Address and I will put a tube or two(Yes, I teotwawki'd the stuff, about 20+ tubes:w00t:)in the mail.

Just know, once you enjoy it, you may be royally screwed as afar as getting it!!! But my offer stands!

My wife just told me she was unsuccessful at finding it when she checked our local Safeway (about the 5th different store we've checked.) So... I think I might take you up on your offer. I'll PM you my address... and thanks much!

Top Bottom