What's new

Observations a month and a half in

I started DE/wet shaving a month and ten days ago. The first soap I used was TOBS Sandalwood. The first blade I tried was a Feather. I have other soaps now and sometimes struggle a bit with getting a perfect lather, but for the most part I am pretty good about it. Still it's hard to screw up with the TOBS. I have used a bunch of different blades and have my favorites, top of which is the Feather. I have struggled a little bit, as everyone does at first, with angle, pressure, etc. but I have been steadily improving and getting more consistent. I have had a hard time getting a BBS on my upper lip without irritation and often either wind up with a little razor burn or a less than smooth mustache area. One thing I did that goes against most advice here is that I began almost immediately experimenting with different razors, blades and soaps and all the other stuff. Which brings me to tonight's shave.

From the beginning it was great. I used the Tobs sandalwood and got an absolutely perfect lather. I had 2 days growth. I used my Fat Boy on 7 with a Feather(2). Since I have the angle down pretty well I concentrated on no pressure. I had a 2 pass shave, WTG, then ATG. Perfectly smooth, even the upper lip. Finished with some 888 and then PAA Lime Ice Sage. Not a single cut and not the slightest bit of irritation. I would even say it was the best shave I ever had.

Awesome! Great shave report. Soon you'll get shaves like this every day. There's still the rare inexplicable not-so-perfect shave now and then, but it becomes second nature and you're doing it without a thought. :thumbup1:

Thanks. I am finding what works for me gear wise. I got my eyes on just a few more razors then I'm done, I swear. lol

i started wet shaving about a year ago, got back into DE a little later to try to get the "perfect" set of equipment, but found it is so much fun experimenting with different stuff and am now off to put up another shelf in the bathroom for more stuff. enjoy!

there's always a plan B

Top Bottom