What's new

Gillette's "cool wave" aftershave. Not bad!

I just tried the stuff and it's pretty good. It's a clean, and VERY CRISP scent like their canned shaving cream Fragrence. It's definately masculine in scent but nothing super special that I'd categorize in a top 10 list. It felt good on the face and besides some alcohol and Fragrence, it has "hydrogenated castor oil" for moisture. What I really liked about it was the fact it comes in a heavy glass bottle! I'll keep the bottle when it's empty for a decanted clubman scent down the road.

Anyone else like like this stuff? CVS sells it for about $7.00 in a cardboard packaged box, next to the other aftershaves.

$image.jpeg

i agree that it is very clean and crisp,a reall good kick of fresh to the nose, however for me this scent completly dissipated after 15 min on my forearm,,, i ended up with old spice pure sport the scent lasted way longer, if the coolwave would have lasted longer i would probably bought it.

i agree that it is very clean and crisp,a reall good kick of fresh to the nose, however for me this scent completly dissipated after 15 min on my forearm,,, i ended up with old spice pure sport the scent lasted way longer, if the coolwave would have lasted longer i would probably bought it.
Yeah it lasted longer for me. I kept getting brief wiffs of it for a few hours and by then the scent changed and it reminded me just a tad of Tabac. Don't ask me why, because I too thought that was strange.

Either way, I love the heavy glass bottle and will probably fill it up with some clubman musk or special reserve.

I like scent and face feel of Cool Wave. Like most other people, I wish the scent lasted longer, but it does feel like it's doing your skin good after a shave.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's a change of pace. Of the Walmart aftershaves, though, Stetson was the pleasant surprise.

AA

I just tried the stuff and it's pretty good. It's a clean, and VERY CRISP scent like their canned shaving cream Fragrence. It's definately masculine in scent but nothing super special that I'd categorize in a top 10 list. It felt good on the face and besides some alcohol and Fragrence, it has "hydrogenated castor oil" for moisture. What I really liked about it was the fact it comes in a heavy glass bottle! I'll keep the bottle when it's empty for a decanted clubman scent down the road.

Anyone else like like this stuff? CVS sells it for about $7.00 in a cardboard packaged box, next to the other aftershaves.

View attachment 668895
You say it smells like their Gillette canned shave cream; are you saying that it smells like Foamy?

Top Bottom