What's new

Good Day from Indiana

Good day, everyone. I have been reading shaving forums for longer than I care to admit, and finally have decided to contribute to the discussion. I discovered wet shaving as a young man working for the Corps of Engineers when my face was too sweaty after work for my electric razor to glide through my peach fuzz. When razor manufacturers decided more blades (and progressively newer razors) were the future (way to fool the public and make more money), I jumped on that band wagon for many years. I went back to DE about 15 years ago, and have been using straights off and on for the past two years.

That's about the size of it. I look forward to joining the conversation.

Welcome, being a SR user let me know if I can help.

By this time, I have stropping and shaving down pretty good, although I know there is always more to learn. I always did poorly sharpening knives so I am afraid to put my straight to a stone. So when my first started to pull, I bought a second. I suppose that is not a good solution for the long run. :blush:

I really don't have much interest in learning to hone, but I will be looking for recommendations for who to pay to do it for me.

Howdy neighbor! I'm just a stones throw away down in Adams County. Is it raining at your place? It's sure storming here.

Hello and welcome, Randall. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of fame and introduce yourself.​

Top Bottom