What's new

I thought I was over this

Hi there...newbie checking in.

I had no problems with the Gillette systems I was using (Mach 3 then Fusion) but got more interested in trying out a safety razor.

It took me a long while to find one in Tokyo, where I live, and I told myself several times that it was a waste of effort. Nobody should spend this much time thinking about their shave.

I went by the display case numerous times over a period of a month. Each time I managed to talk myself out of it. Naturally I succumbed, and another month has gone by while my face has grown accustomed to the scary scrape of a Feather blade. Oh yes, I was lurking for a long time, checking out the opinions on this and that. How I shouldn't start with a Feather. My face would be in ribbons without the proper build-up. But it's been a fun time, with no blood shed.

A week in I ordered a tub of Tabac online, and my face has never been more pampered, or more smelly. So the Gillettes have been relegated to the bathroom cupboard and will probably stay there. I love (and respect) my Merkur HD and the whole ritual of the lathering and slowness of the process.

Cheers to all, and happy shaving!

I had no problems with the Gillette systems I was using (Mach 3 then Fusion) but got more interested in trying out a safety razor.

It took me a long while to find one in Tokyo, where I live, and I told myself several times that it was a waste of effort. Nobody should spend this much time thinking about their shave.

I went by the display case numerous times over a period of a month. Each time I managed to talk myself out of it. Naturally I succumbed
, and another month has gone by while my face has grown accustomed to the scary scrape of a Feather blade. Oh yes, I was lurking for a long time, checking out the opinions on this and that. How I shouldn't start with a Feather. My face would be in ribbons without the proper build-up. But it's been a fun time, with no blood shed.

A week in I ordered a tub of Tabac online, and my face has never been more pampered, or more smelly. So the Gillettes have been relegated to the bathroom cupboard and will probably stay there. I love (and respect) my Merkur HD and the whole ritual of the lathering and slowness of the process.

Welcome to B&B! You definitely have the right name for your set-up.

BTW,RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

marty

I went by the display case numerous times over a period of a month. Each time I managed to talk myself out of it. Naturally I succumbed, and another month has gone by while my face has grown accustomed to the scary scrape of a Feather blade. Oh yes, I was lurking for a long time, checking out the opinions on this and that. How I shouldn't start with a Feather. My face would be in ribbons without the proper build-up. But it's been a fun time, with no blood shed.

Congratulations on your shaving success and welcome.

Top Bottom