What's new

How do you store your collection?

I spent the afternoon converting an old metal archive box into a store for my collection. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

proxy.php

How do you store pieces of your collection that aren't in use?

My modest collection is not as nice or numerous. I just keep them in a couple of Old Spice mugs in my closet.

I don't really have a collection. But this is how I have it set up. Some extra blades in garage. Most common used blades in the black wood box. Have creams on another shelf with alum, ASB, AS, WH, and one other deeper lathering bowl

proxy.php

One of my Two razors I keep in a plastic box. Also have a Box of Arko and a couple of other soaps and spare blades. I keep the same way> In the Basement. The razor I use every day, my 3 brushes, and a couple of soaps stay in the Bathroom cupboard where they are easily accessible for the morning shave.
Not so much a collection as a use group.

My collection is pretty small. 4 razors currently. I have them in a drawer in my vanity. I have a one razor, one brush stand and I usually hang them, open overnight and put them in the drawer in the morning. My collection will be doubling in size next week and my daughter and son in law have bought me a nice multi razor stand I will be using when it comes in.

H$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg
Here is mine. Plus a couple drawers and cabinets not shown. Sorry about the orientation. Could not find rotate button.

i started on the top of the toilet tank, moved up to an additional small shelf above the toilet tank, as i added stuff. now i have bought another small shelf for the other wall for more stuff i've ordered.

there's always a plan B

For razors I picked up these boxes at Walmart next the the fishing tackle boxes. I always keep a few in the medicine cabinet too, currently there are 8. Part of my Avon is on display on top of my kitchen cabinet. There are more scattered through out the house, and 2 big boxes in a closet. I really don't have a lot of soaps, brushes, blades or non Avon AS so they all fit in the medicine cabinet or drawer under the sink.

Attachments

• $DSCF9013.jpg
    $DSCF9013.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 176
  • $DSCF9012.jpg
    $DSCF9012.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 173
  • $DSCF9014.jpg
    $DSCF9014.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 175
  • $DSCF9015.jpg
    $DSCF9015.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 172
  • $DSCF9011.jpg
    $DSCF9011.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 176
Under the bathroom sink or in the wall cabinet. Safety razors not being used rest in a jar of alcohol until needed. One in use remains on a stand, the rest stay in pieces in the alcohol jar.

For razors I picked up these boxes at Walmart next the the fishing tackle boxes. I always keep a few in the medicine cabinet too, currently there are 8. Part of my Avon is on display on top of my kitchen cabinet. There are more scattered through out the house, and 2 big boxes in a closet. I really don't have a lot of soaps, brushes, blades or non Avon AS so they all fit in the medicine cabinet or drawer under the sink.

A few more razors and you could literally shave with one razor each week of the year and not use the same razor twice, lol!!!

A few more razors and you could literally shave with one razor each week of the year and not use the same razor twice, lol!!!
Yea, I've joked to the wife about needing a 52 week rotation. But I rarely use the same razor more than 3-4 days in a row, so the way I see it I'm only half way to the goal.:tongue_sm

Mine are all nicely placed in a drawer, under the sink. I don't get all nuts-O over razors. Now when it comes to Colt SAA's and vintage Winchesters, well that a different story. :biggrin1::biggrin1:

Top Bottom