What's new

Why do some people spell Fatip with a capital T — i.e. FaTip?

How do you spell it?

• I spell it "Fatip"

• I spell it "FaTip"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Being the detail freak that I am, this is something I’ve been wondering about. So I thought I’d try to figure it out…

Warning/Disclaimer:
If you’re into detail freakishness do read on. If not, please move to another thread immediately because this one will bore you to tears.

Apart from folks simply copying others (you know, “he wrote that, and he’s a shaving expert, so it must be right”)…

The first thing that came to mind
$Fatip-Logo.jpg
is that when the logo is glanced at quickly, it could look like the T is capitalised.

If you visit the Fatip website they simply spell it Fatip, with no capital T.

Looking at the logo more closely, the non-text parts look like the stems and flags of musical notes. This would fit well with the tonic sol-fa scale, ascending from “fa” to “ti” (a perfect fourth, F to B).

NB
For a typical “perfect fourth” think/hum/sing the first two notes of “Here Comes the Bride” (replacing “here” and “comes” with “fa” and “tip” of course).

QUESTION:
Which way do you guys spell it, and more importantly, WHY?

I'd spell it Fatip, but I've seen it spelled as FaTip that before, but not often. I don't think B&B rules allow me to post a link to the thread (it's on another site), but here is a screenshot. Maybe the guy is a programmer who likes using PascalCase :)

$Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
[MENTION=106012]1Cal[/MENTION], I have been putting up with this my whole life. My name is Mathew not Matthew. I keep telling people Mathew with 1 T but they spell it with 2 Ts. I guess most people don't really care but me and my Fatip are tired of it.

@1Cal, I have been putting up with this my whole life. My name is Mathew not Matthew. I keep telling people Mathew with 1 T but they spell it with 2 Ts. I guess most people don't really care but me and my Fatip are tired of it.

I feel ya bro, (I've never said that before in my life, and never will again!!!) I get, Tobie or Tobby or even Tony, I blame the Brits!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

@1Cal, I have been putting up with this my whole life. My name is Mathew not Matthew. I keep telling people Mathew with 1 T but they spell it with 2 Ts. I guess most people don't really care but me and my Fatip are tired of it.
IMO it's just the way people are brought up Mat (school/college/university). Curiosity and awareness are programmed out of us at a very early age. That's the system, you can't blame them.

Once you learn "it's done this way" there are no other options, except for the few rebels that refuse to be programmed. I like to consider myself part of that group, and enjoy stepping out of my box as often as I can.
"Eighteen till I die, mental age of three, and chronologically whatever I happen to be at the time." :w00t:

Top Bottom