What's new

My new brush SCARES me

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
This is a serious contender to the title of the weirdest brush I've ever bought.

It's a real Boar-Monster (made by some little known artisan).
I think the decision to purchase was somewhat irrational this time, to put it mildly.

I'll show you the brush and give you it's specs and you tell me what you make of it. I still have not decided whether to send it back or keep it. I'm leaning towards sending it back. What do you think?

32mm knot (!), 54mm loft
51mm handle diameter (!), 59mm handle height

The hair is stiff and scrubby as hell.
The handle seems to be made of some kind of resin.

$Brush.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
At 51mm, over 2" wide ... bear of a brush; I'd say keep it.

It will splay big, too, when broken in.

AA

The handle looks to have been 3-D printed. I have to confess, though, that I'm having problems getting a sense of scale.

Space_Cadet

I've decided to let the members here try this monster.
After you've used it for some time, you pass it to another member to try.
Anyone wants to participate?

Space_Cadet

Okay, the handle will go to objectuser.
Please post your thoughts about this brush in this thread after you use it. Please PM me with your address.
Then it will go to someone else. Who wants to be the second tester?

It certainly is a biggy but if it was to the specs you stated/knew about you can hardly send it back. If anyone who wanted something a little "custom" then wasn't happy did that then nobody would build anything that wasn't in the "normal" range for the fear that it may be returned.
Stick with it.
Nice idea for a pass around.

I would like to put my name in the ring too. So, just PM you my address?
I didn't read closely but you might be the second person. If so, PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Too bad I'm away from the summer, I live in Dallas, would have been an easy handoff. :tongue_sm

I didn't read closely but you might be the second person. If so, PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Too bad I'm away from the summer, I live in Dallas, would have been an easy handoff. :tongue_sm
You live in Dallas? but your location says your in Breck. BTW how is Breck out side of ski seasons.

Top Bottom