What's new

UK Referendum and Pipes & Tobaccos

I just thought I would let you know that since the UK has voted to exit the European Community, the GBP has dropped 8% and the Euro has dropped almost 3% (European Markets haven't closed). This means the US dollar is strengthening.

So, what does this have to do with pipes and tobacco? Well, if you purchase from European vendors it means you get more bang for your buck. You might want to wait until after the markets close at 4:30PM Central European Time.

So time to hit up Dan Tobacco, Al Pascia, Danish Pipe Shop, Motzek, etc. See? BREXIT isn't all bad! :001_smile

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That's what I love about this site. Our members cut straight to the heart of the matter. :tongue_sm

You My friend are a genius.

Do you have an English pipe app you'd recommend?

I don't. I don't use apps usually. I am a bit old school and since moving to Europe I don't use my smart-phone anymore. It was a very liberating experience!

And I appreciate your kind words. Just seemed a logical observation to me.

I don't. I don't use apps usually. I am a bit old school and since moving to Europe I don't use my smart-phone anymore. It was a very liberating experience!

And I appreciate your kind words. Just seemed a logical observation to me.
Ha. Darned auto correct. I meant shops or spots...not sure how that turned into apps.

I can barely even send a text on these things.
It's all about priorities, brother.

Bill, I owe you a solid. I just scored a nice pile of Salty Dogs at a very nice price - even after the shipping costs. Woot!

Is it easier to order from Motzek now? I've heard that you had to call them and try to communicate in a mixture of English and German if you wanted anything shipped to the US.

Is it easier to order from Motzek now? I've heard that you had to call them and try to communicate in a mixture of English and German if you wanted anything shipped to the US.
[MENTION=53549]Hirsute[/MENTION] or [MENTION=48751]jiminyshiznit[/MENTION] can tell you about Motzek, but I got through setting up an account and placing an order at Dan Tobacco using Google Translate.

Last edited:
@Hirsute or @jiminyshiznit can tell you about Motzek, but I got through setting up an account and placing an order at Dan Tobacco using Google Translate.

They added PayPal to the Motzek site recently, so I just basically ordered blind, paid with PayPal and crossed my fingers. There were a few checkboxes that were mandatory, so I assume those were either age verification, or terms of use.. either way, I didn't understand a lick of any of it, and the box showed up at my front door in about a week.

They added PayPal to the Motzek site recently, so I just basically ordered blind, paid with PayPal and crossed my fingers. There were a few checkboxes that were mandatory, so I assume those were either age verification, or terms of use.. either way, I didn't understand a lick of any of it, and the box showed up at my front door in about a week.

I may need to buy some curly-like tobacco from them... for science.

Edit: bah... they only have pre-cut curly

Last edited:
Bill, I owe you a solid. I just scored a nice pile of Salty Dogs at a very nice price - even after the shipping costs. Woot!

My pleasure, Price. I'm glad I could help.

I may need to buy some curly-like tobacco from them... for science.

Edit: bah... they only have pre-cut curly

The uncut curly will be available in August according to an email I got from Herbert.

Also, if you have problems with translation I use Chrome as my browser. Chrome uses Google Translate built in and you can translate the whole page by right clicking and choosing "Translate this page".

The uncut curly will be available in August according to an email I got from Herbert.

Also, if you have problems with translation I use Chrome as my browser. Chrome uses Google Translate built in and you can translate the whole page by right clicking and choosing "Translate this page".

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check back in August.

"Thank you for your order. We are very sorry but it is vorbidden to send tobacco in the USA."

:cursing:

Top Bottom