What's new

Cryogen Hot vs Cold

So recently I received my sample of Cryogen and that menthol smell was wonderful. I am curious to the thoughts of the group, on the following.

I have a scuttle and use it religiously for my warm/hot shaves. Today I took crushed ice put it in the top and bottom and combined with the ice water in the sink which truly froze my face. My question is do you prefer your menthol shaves warm or cold?

Last edited:
I prefer cold. Very cold. I just feel like its more in the spirit of menthol - Cryogen especially - to shave with cold water. I have tried it a few times with warm/hot water and it just wasn't the same.

I use lukewarm water with my Frostbyte, when the lathers on i can't tell what temperature the water is to be honest, just don't want my skin going too tight from the cold water but I might just be a bit special :blushing:

Which menthol lather is the "strongest"? I've heard of my time bath and body, bit Jean seems to not be doing things anymore. Cryogen? Frostbite?

I always use it in the shower so it's a little column A, column B. I like the menthol deep in my pores.

Shaving ankle to neck with Cryogen is hilarious. I urge you gentlemen to try it for S&Gs.:lol:

Which menthol lather is the "strongest"? I've heard of my time bath and body, bit Jean seems to not be doing things anymore. Cryogen? Frostbite?

I've used both and Frostbite doesn't even come close! Seriously, the first several times I used Cryogen my eyes watered something fierce and my nose wouldn't quit running. I kept having to get a tissue and then reapply the lather under my nose. I started superlathering it with DRH Eucalyptus to tone it down a bit, and the mix was amazing.

Outstanding and thank you. Potions lotions creams ointments, balms, and treatments shall be ordered. I've got a crazy idea brewing...

Outstanding and thank you. Potions lotions creams ointments, balms, and treatments shall be ordered. I've got a crazy idea brewing...

I did Cryogen, ice water, ice scuttle, and frostbite AS after! Only thing left was to use Vick's Rub for a witch hazel substitute!

Truly cool. Sorry for hijacking. We now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom