What's new

Aiglon french razor/rolls razor blade

View attachment 668006
Hi Fellow SE'ers I guess I'm becoming somewhat of a LOSER. This is a new acquisition for me it is a French made Hollow Ground Wedge Blade Razor. I post yesterday in new acquisitions and Toby C commented that it looked aggressive. I didn't find it to be aggressive at all this morning. It was very comfortable shave for me I didn't feel the blade that much as I am dialed into the comb. Very smooth shave I only did two passes WTG,XTG loaded with a modern blade(PTFE). I must say it was a DFS. This is a snapshot of this morning SOTD
$image.jpg
This being a French razor I decided to go with LPL shaving soap this morning. Now for a question I would like to know if anybody has tried to use a rolls razor blade with the safety bar removed in this type of razor that being a wedge blade razor. Any and all comments are well. Scooby if you see this please comment I know that you are the owner of a French L'essor razor have you ever tried a rolls blade?

Rolls blades will not fit in other wedge blade razors. They are wider (distance from spine to edge), shorter (length of blade) and the spine is considerably thicker.

The good news is that there is some degree of standardization among the other wedge blade type razors. While there is considerable variation, Kampfe Bros, C. V. Heljestrand, the Rapides, Gems, and the various French models all use essentially the same blade.

--Bob

Rolls blades will not fit in other wedge blade razors. They are wider (distance from spine to edge), shorter (length of blade) and the spine is considerably thicker.

The good news is that there is some degree of standardization among the other wedge blade type razors. While there is considerable variation, Kampfe Bros, C. V. Heljestrand, the Rapides, Gems, and the various French models all use essentially the same blade.

--Bob

Thank you for your input. That's nice to know I'm waiting on a couple of Rolls Razors from across the pond. I would hate to destroy a good blade

As Bob Said..The Rolls is a Great Shaver..So is that French Hoe SE You have there..These Hollow Ground/Wedge Blade SE are as Good as the Blades..In Other words the Blades need to be properly Honed & Sharpened..Its a very rewarding Result..If You haven't experienced a properly sharpened blade then I would suggest you got one Honed by someone that knows what they are Doing..:w00t:

That will give you a baseline to work from..If You don't know what One feels like that's been properly Honed & Sharpened then you will never know the potential of these SEs & You will never know what you are looking for..:001_cool:

The French Hoe you have there is a Fairly Mild Shaver with a Hollow Ground Blade..The Rolls is a Different Animal as its an SR Blade on a Stick & is a Fairly Aggressive Shaver but Smooth & Comfortable with the Correct Technique..:thumbup1:

Billy

As Bob Said..The Rolls is a Great Shaver..So is that French Hoe SE You have there..These Hollow Ground/Wedge Blade SE are as Good as the Blades..In Other words the Blades need to be properly Honed & Sharpened..Its a very rewarding Result..If You haven't experienced a properly sharpened blade then I would suggest you got one Honed by someone that knows what they are Doing..:w00t:

That will give you a baseline to work from..If You don't know what One feels like that's been properly Honed & Sharpened then you will never know the potential of these SEs & You will never know what you are looking for..:001_cool:

The French Hoe you have there is a Fairly Mild Shaver with a Hollow Ground Blade..The Rolls is a Different Animal as its an SR Blade on a Stick & is a Fairly Aggressive Shaver but Smooth & Comfortable with the Correct Technique..:thumbup1:

Billy

Thanks for the input Billy, I agree about having blades honed so the razor can be used as meant. That's why I sent them to Bayamontate to have honed. I'm waiting to have them returned so I can get the full experience of these new acquisitions

Top Bottom