What's new

[5th DE Shave] Alert to Newbies: Don't get Cocky! Or this will happen.

Well, this morning I thought, I'm going for a true 3 pass shave. Well, I got cocky and I got some BAD razor burn and cut myself...

The lather was good, the blade only had one shave on it and the first pass was good. Just tried pushing the limits and ended up push to hard. :blush:

I used an Alum block for the first time (man it stung). Even after using Alum and some face lotion, had to go back and apply a generious amount of witch hazel. I think I'll skip shaving tomorrow and this weekend, pop in a new blade and have a nice relaxing shave on Monday. Try to recreate yesterday's shave. :)

May face is BBS, but don't need to be this smooth at the cost of this heat! LOL

Tip of the Shave: Don't get Cocky!

Hope everyone has an excellent Thursday!

Matt

Well, this morning I thought, I'm going for a true 3 pass shave. Well, I got cocky and I got some BAD razor burn and cut myself...

Sorry to hear about your difficulty, I've been there myself. (I'm new too, but got about 5-6 months or so under my belt) and I think we've all had that "push the envelope a little too far" shave.. whether it's too many passes, or one too many shaves on a blade. Personally I do a three pass every day, but I don't have very sensitive skin. I've heard that most people do a 2.5. (two pass + touch up bad spots)

But again, I'm a newbie too, so don't take what I say TOO seriously :)

The lather was good, the blade only had one shave on it and the first pass was good. Just tried pushing the limits and ended up push to hard. :blush:

I used an Alum block for the first time (man it stung). Even after using Alum and some face lotion, had to go back and apply a generious amount of witch hazel. I think I'll skip shaving tomorrow and this weekend, pop in a new blade and have a nice relaxing shave on Monday. Try to recreate yesterday's shave. :)

May face is BBS, but don't need to be this smooth at the cost of this heat! LOL

Tip of the Shave: Don't get Cocky!

Hope everyone has an excellent Thursday!

Matt
Tks for the tip, I just got my alum block in and going to shave before work today. So, here it goes.

Always heed Han Solo's advice...
I have to say it toke me a min to remember when Han said that. Because he didn't add the "Kid."

I hve 5 scars in lines that you can see near my sideburns cheek and neck lol :( new shaving sucks..but once you get passed it ..its gold you will find it hard to ever cut yourself unless its a bad blade :)

Thank you everyone. Face was feeling pretty good this morning, so decided to shave. It was good shave and I was happy about that.

I did a 3 pass when I first started and it was pretty awful. I could relate to the commercial with the guy sticking his head in the freezer. I've been doing a 2 pass....I like the fact that it doesn't cut my hair under the poor. It's not as smooth as a 3 pass but it works for me.

Like you, I go from having some amazing shaves to forgetting everything I already know and rushing through a shave. That's when I get cut and nicked all over my face. Today was a perfect example. It's days like today that I have the concept of "GO SLOW" reinforced into my thick skull. When I take my time, all is good in my shaving life. When I rush, it's a bloody day indeed.

There's a vast difference between close...and comfortable.

...too many folks go for close when comfortable suffices.

Top Bottom