What's new

Hares ear

You mean the injector razor? Saw a couple of pictures but that's about it. They were not a big time production and so not much around. I think xxvaleria had one and he knows more about single edge razors.

There are basically three blades--the Pro Guard, the Pro, and the Pro Super. I love the first two, depending on the razor. I've never used the Pro Super.

Feather Artist Blades Vary..The Pro Guard is Junk in My Books..The Pro Super has more Blade Exposure than the Feather Pro but the Feather Pro is Probably the Sharpest Current Blade on the Market Today..Very Sharp Blade & can be Cut Down & Used in Injectors if You Don't have a Faint Heart..:thumbup1:

Billy

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I started using Feather Pro and Kai Mild blades in my AC. Then I bought the Pro Guard blades just because I wanted to see this guard. I couldn't envision how they could add a guard to the blade. So I had to see for myself. Well, as a relative noob with SR shaving, I love them. Nice smooth and mild shave with no nicks or irritation. So ymmv on this one.

Mr. Ear, you may get more response to your questions if you make your question the title of your post instead of your B&B handle.

Of these blades, I only liked the Feather branded. The KAI ones IMO wete nothing special and felt "sticky". The Korean ones are plain awefull (forgot the brand name).
I used the Pro Guard in the DX and thought they were pretty good actually. I don't have the time for a SR shave with my technique being what it is and with the kids running all over the place these days.

To be honest though, a regular straight razor, freshly honed is not nearly as sharp as a machined blade (DE, Gem, FAC). Getting a good SR shave is 100% technique.
I apply the same principles with the OCMM and get fantastic results.
It has such a huge gap and exposure, at the proper angle you can't feel the safety comb... It is there to prevent serious damage, not cuts ... And the GEM blades are plenty sharp even at the 8th shave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom