What's new

Need help picking straight. suggestions welcome

I've been eyeing a few straights recently to add to the collection :w00t:
After reading about and seeing some marvelous items i have narrowed it down to a few.
Here goes in random order.
1 Dovo grenadille flowing 6/8. Very nice geometry. don't like the etching to much.
2 Wacker Chevalier 6/8. just a beauty. comes with nice horn scales
3 Ralf Aust 6/8. frech cut with worked spine, also with horn scales
4 Wacker Best Tradition. also 6/8 with horn scales. i think this one haz a very little smile to it. A'm i right ?

As far as prices go. They pretty much cost the same. Cheapest 195, and 240 for the chevalier.
I kinda ruled out the Dovo because my first dovo wasnt grinded al that precise. Witch resulted in a kinda ugly bevel.
So ..... what would u guy's pick and why? Also, suggestions very welcome

The Chevalier….a fantastic & unique razor. Quality-made and with excellent resale (should you ever decide to sell, however unlikely that may be). All are fine razors you've listed, but if I had to choose just one….

Hi and welcome here!!
Pick-up the one you like the most. Once perfectly honed they will shave greatly

I'd vote for the Chevalier. Although, as a disclaimer I got to state I do not have any of these razors to compare first hand how they feel.

So thats 3 votes 4 the chevalier. And 1 for the Aust.
I was gonna order online but, think i'll drive to antwerp tomorrow and see them side by side.
i'll let u guy's know whatever i picked

If i'd had the cash to splash it would've been all of them, but hey
Guess what folks. It was never a match really. Here she is.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 54
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 53

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Nice choice.

Not all Dovos are bad. If you avoid the "Best" line, the rest are usually pretty good. I like the Bismarck and similar shaped razors, particularly without all the fluffnstuffn gold wash and spine carving.

Top Bottom