What's new

One blade se razor review

First, this is not a razor for everyone. It is very expensive and you only get 1 or 2 shaves from a blade costing about $.89 each. This is like a fine expensive Italian sports car. Beautiful in every way. This is the best engineered, designed and functional DE or SE razor I have ever used and I used most of the ones on the market over 55 years. Right out of the box you are overwhelmed with the detail to quality, design and performance. Made of Stainless Steel with a flawless finish. To install a blade, you insert it in a slot in the top of the razor. I found the task much easier if you rinse the blade under hot water to remove the glue from the wrapper before loading. The pivot really sets this apart from all others. Just the right tension from a quality spring in the head. Like my Mongoose, light pressure and let the weight of the razor and pivot do the work. I found 3 passes worked best. Take the hair off incrementally. I also like the shorter width of the head. Easier to get into hard to shave places like the upper lip, chin and neck. Results: After 4 shaves this razor performed flawlessly. Very close, smooth and irritation free. No burn from an Alum bloc. Is it better then my Futur, Mongoose or other DE or SE's? If you can afford it, yes it will give you great shaves. It is like a Masto Livi straight razor, really performs great, excellent quality and looks fantastic, but an Aust will give you a great shave to. The feel and balance of the One Blade also sets a really high standard that sets it apart from any other razors: PERFECT. The razor holder also is an amazing extra along with a beautiful leather travel case. Only concern, it Feather stops making this special blade your screwed. My Futur will always have blades available. Not sorry I bought this and really do like using it.

Top Bottom