What's new

Shave products you wish companies would make or bring back!

Here's my wish list...

1) Proraso.... Needs to make a "blue" a/s splash similar to but not exactly as Aqua Velva; plus a "blue" croap & pre-shave.
2) Muhle .... Bring back the R41 2011 model (in conjunction with the current 2013 version).
3) Merkur.... A much more aggressive 1904 open comb and with a GOLD plated option!
4) Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements....I LOVE my DOC, but they need a more "aggressive" version. How about a "DOC+" ?
5) Pinaud.... Bring back "Fleur de France" (rose scented a/s or EdC).
6) Aqua Velva.... Original formula back to North America!
7) Aqua Velva (USA), Skin Bracer, Old Spice, and Brut.... in GLASS BOTTLES!
8) Clubman a/s ....in GLASS BOTTLES!
9) Barbicide.... A "10oz" jar instead of their existing 21oz or larger 37oz versions.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to add to or just "second" any of these proposals.

Noxzema Brushless shaving cream. My dad's shaving cream and my first shaving cream way back when. The house was always filled with the overwhelming scent of Noxzema. Like to have it as a reminder of times past. I would also buy a tube for a 3 of my adult sons (all wetshavers). It is an important part of family lore.

That's a pretty good list. I'd agree with 5-8.

Here's my wish list...

1) Proraso.... Needs to make a "blue" a/s splash similar to but not exactly as Aqua Velva; plus a "blue" croap & pre-shave.
2) Muhle .... Bring back the R41 2011 model (in conjunction with the current 2013 version).
3) Merkur.... A much more aggressive 1904 open comb and with a GOLD plated option!
4) Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements....I LOVE my DOC, but they need a more "aggressive" version. How about a "DOC+" ?
5) Pinaud.... Bring back "Fleur de France" (rose scented a/s or EdC).
6) Aqua Velva.... Original formula back to North America!
7) Aqua Velva (USA), Skin Bracer, Old Spice, and Brut.... in GLASS BOTTLES!
8) Clubman a/s ....in GLASS BOTTLES!
9) Barbicide.... A "10oz" jar instead of their existing 21oz or larger 37oz versions.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to add to or just "second" any of these proposals.

I wish Proraso made shaving sticks
I wish Floid made shaving soap and shaving stick versions of Floid Vigaroso
I wish La Toja made shaving soap and shaving stick versions of Magno black soap

I wish Gillette (or AOS) would take the definite plunge and after the presumed reintro of the Tech make one of these available to the general public. That would really show their commitment and passion for the wet shaving community...

Aristocrats: US '34, British # 15, #16 and #22​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Yardley shaving soap. I have been missing that for decades.

The Old Spice we switched to after Yardley went away was OK, but not good enough for me to wish it back into existence. I still have some left and use it from time-to-time, but it doesn't beat the tallow/glycerine mix I use these days.

But, Yardley, yes. That I wish for.

And, ASR up in Verona, VA could go back to making Personna 74 blades again, too.

Stan

1. I wish Gillette would bring back Wild Rain.

2. I wish Old Spice would bring back Old Spice Original shaving cream (with an actual OLD SPICE SCENT).

3. I wish Aqua Velva would introduce new aftershaves (ex: Sandalwood, Rose, Lavender etc etc)

4. I wish Gillette would manufacture their products in Boston & Montréal (like in the good old days)

5. I wish Personna would bring back the P74.

6. I wish Merkur razors were made of brass.

Last edited:
I wish Proraso made shaving sticks
I wish Floid made shaving soap and shaving stick versions of Floid Vigaroso
I wish La Toja made shaving soap and shaving stick versions of Magno black soap

Great list! Magno soap in a stick would rock the shaving world!

1. I wish Gillette would bring back Wild Rain.

2. I wish Old Spice would bring back Old Spice Original shaving cream (with an actual OLD SPICE SCENT).

3. I wish Aqua Velva would introduce new aftershaves (ex: Sandalwood, Rose, Lavender etc etc)

4. I wish Gillette would manufacture their products in Boston & Montréal (like in the good old days)

5. I wish Personna would bring back the P74.

6. I wish Merkur razors were made of brass.
Another great list!!!

I wish Gillette (or AOS) would take the definite plunge and after the presumed reintro of the Tech make one of these available to the general public. That would really show their commitment and passion for the wet shaving community...

Aristocrats: US '34, British # 15, #16 and #22​
Yeah, these are the razors I want the most but sadly will never be able to afford. They are the most beautiful Gillette or any other company has ever produced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see the previous formula for Williams Mug Shaving Soap come back. I don't remember the old formula, but I'm disappointed with the lather I can produce with the current formula. I really like the scent and the slickness (the price is nice too) of Williams, but I'd love to be able to get a better lather.

I've read enough times on these boards about how good Williams used to be... I love to see them bring it back.

imcndn

Glass Bottle Aftershaves
Cade aftershave splash.
Irisch Moos Shave soap & Cream
Aqua Velva Hair Tonic
Original Formula Williams Mug Soap
Yardley Shave Soap
Original Formula Shulton Old Spice
Original Formula Pinaud aftershaves (I've tried vintage Clubman, Special Reserve, and Lilac Vegetal and they are so much better than modern formulas)

I miss Klar Kabinett shaving soap and Bic Metal disposable razors.

Yep. The Klar Kabinett is surely missed. Early summer- ah those were the days. I have a bar in rotation just because. (I have a few more bars for some springs/early summers though). Do we have any soaps that could match the KK?

Top Bottom