What's new

Upgrade my brush.

This is exactly the brush I was thinking of when I read the OP description of what he wanted. Great brush at a great price. Very nice backbone and full knot.

I've never had shedding issues with mine.
Neither have I, I really like it and agree with your description 100%.

Get a few Omega 10066, toss the extra in the back of the drawer. $100 would buy a lifetime supply.

I have some "nicer" brushes, but I find the simple boars work ever bit as well and are just as nice to use.

Get a few Omega 10066, toss the extra in the back of the drawer. $100 would buy a lifetime supply.

I have some "nicer" brushes, but I find the simple boars work ever bit as well and are just as nice to use.

I don't know. If the OP has never tried a badger brush, and has the budget to get a nice one, then it might be worth trying one. Many people like boars as much or even more than badgers. Many people like synthetics as much or more than badgers.

But there are also many people who have a strong preference for a good badger brush. If its within the budget then the best thing to do is find out for yourself! The Simpson Colonel is under the $100 budget ($65ish?) and would definitely be worth comparing.

I am extraordinarily happy with my Razorock Chubby Extra Silvertip. It is a fantastic face lathering brush. The proprietor (obviously with an interest!) calls it the best face lathering brush South of $150 on the market. I've only tried a couple rivals, but I'm still not gonna angrily call him at 2:00 a.m. to argue otherwise . . . . .

I also have a Razorock Natural Boar that is as soft as an angel's little toe. It is another fantastic brush.

I like these two so much that a Razorock High Mountain Silvertip is somewhere between Toronto and Mississippi as I type.

Graydog

Biblical Innards

Vie-Long 12705 Horse Hair Shaving Brush, Red Acrylic Handle.

Try it ,I love mine and for the price you can't go wrong

Some great suggestions here! With that budget, the world is your oyster when it comes to shaving brushes. Let us know what you choose.

I'd spend $100-150 to get an amazing brush, but if there's a brush that's a 10/10 for a much lower price, I would prefer that.

That's pretty easy these days. Synthetics. Better than naturals, last forever, easy to maintain. You can try out Omega S-brush, the ones with short loft, like S10065, Razorock Plissoft, Plisson, Fine, Stirling one. Most of these are under $30, and you can't really beat them. Best performing brushes out there. Right now, I find badger brushes as being only luxury items, and not a necessity, as they get beaten by these synthetics in terms of performance, feeling, maintenance, the period of usage.

Excellent choice. You will love it. It might take a little longer to break in than your Omega. Amazing suggestions for other brushes throughout this thread when you get the itch for another.. Enjoy!!

I think what I'll do is brush it against my palm for 2 hours while I watch a movie

That's the way to break in a boar brush. Wake up, brush teeth, waste a lather with boar brush. Easy! Less of a problem for me since I don't shave everyday.

Why not a Semogue? Best boar's bristle brush on the planet. Model 830 or Semogue owners Club. Very soft bristle; night and day difference compared to an average boars bristle.

Top Bottom