What's new

What fragrances are you itching to pickup for the summer?

Here's what on my list. I hope I can score even half of these.
  • Allure Homme Sport
  • Insurrection 2 Pure
  • Acqua di Gio
  • Perry Ellis 360 Red
  • Nautica Voyage
  • Mugler Cologne
  • Body Kouros
  • Mont Blanc Individuel
  • Armani Code
  • Bergamote 22
  • Reflection Man
  • Neroli Portofino
  • Chez Bond
  • Hamptons
  • Royal Mayfair
  • Aventus
  • Erolfa
  • Original Vetiver

The postman just delivered my bottle of Old Spice Original, all the way from India..................
That's me happy for quite some time to come :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/281914478645?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just obtained some Pino Silvestre.

Sounded like something I'd like, but the sillage is even less than described. Goes on great, but the notes that remain are like pure pepper.

AA

I see you have both Acqua Di Gio and Perry Ellis 360 Red on your list. If you are on a budget to acquire many on this list I would recommend just going with 360 Red. It smells like 95% identical to ADG and it lasts just as long. Maybe check out Acqua Di Gio Profumo which is a more rich and intense version of the original.

Also another alternative to Allure Homme Sport would be Versace Pour Homme. VPH smells and performs very similar to AHS but can be had for just about 1/2 the price.

Last edited:
Among my favorites for summer are certainly:
- Terre d'Hermes Eau Très Fraîche
- Dior Eau Sauvage
- Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EdT
- Bleu de Chanel

Just obtained some Pino Silvestre.

Sounded like something I'd like, but the sillage is even less than described. Goes on great, but the notes that remain are like pure pepper.

AA

Spray some on fabric to stretch the top and middle notes. It stretches it out a couple hours. You can also use a lot more than you would of most any other cologne. It's like a body spray almost. Try doubling the number of sprays till you get acceptable performance. It settles very fast.

I have never had it turn into just a pepper scent, but it has poor longevity. Enough for a dinner out for me, but not all day.

I really want to get virgin island water, Versace pour homme, and Mandarino Di amalfi. Have samples for all of those and love em.

I already picked up decants of Allure Homme Sport, Acqua di Gio, Mugler Cologne, Body Kouros, Mont Blanc Individuel and Reflection Man. I'm negotiating a swap for Armani Code. I also removed Neroli Portofino and Original Vetiver from my list because Mugler Cologne is good enough for now, and Chez Bond (for the moment) because I already have CW/GIT/TN.

Here's what's left:

• Insurrection 2 Pure
  • Perry Ellis 360 Red
  • Nautica Voyage
  • Bergamote 22
  • Hamptons
  • Royal Mayfair
  • Erolfa

More fragrances in my periphery: Set Sail St. Barts, St. Kitts, XS, La Nuit, L'Homme Libre.

It's a good deal relative to the fact that everything else in the store is at least 2x the price it should be.

Me personally, I tried all of the colognes and I only really like two of them (both of which I already own). However, the sampler is a pretty good deal for the average person.

I found the Sephora sampler when I wandered into a store for the first time in about 3 years.

And for the first time, I found a salesperson that was helpful and eager to wait on a male customer. Previous times, I was always snubbed and ignored due to my gender, and even when I'd ask a question about a product's availability, the saleslady would disappear into the back room and not be seen again until I got tired of waiting and left.

This time, though, I walked in and was immediately approached by someone. I said I wanted to browse Men's Fragrances, and she asked some very good qualifying questions about what I was looking for, what my current favorites are, gave some great suggestions for products I would like, and gave me some free samples which I've been trying out over the last couple of days.

Having spent much of my adult life in retail, and much of that working on commission, I really appreciate good salesmanship. Its hard to find nowadays, though, so when someone shows me that they have those skills, it makes a great first impression.

Another thing that's changed in that store is that the salespeople have dropped the severe Goth/Emo look that always creeped me out. They look much more normal now, and act much more friendly.

I didn't buy anything that day, but I will definitely go back to shop there more often. And I will probably pick up on that sampler box next month as a birthday present to myself.

Top Bottom