What's new

Memory Lane Monday

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Inspired by David ( [MENTION=75043]Dcaddo111[/MENTION] ), the Steward of the Shaving Cream forum, I am bringing you the Haberdashery's Memory Lane Monday. Every Monday, starting tomorrow, I will dig into the back pages of the Hab and resurrect an old thread. It will be a chance to re-open discussion, see if there are new points of view, progress made since then, or go whatever direction you all decide to go with it. Shortly after midnight tonight (central US time) I will bump a thread and restart the conversation. I will post a link to that thread in this thread, and will do it every Monday if there is interest.

Like I said, this was inspired by David, and he will be doing the same thing in Shaving Creams on Thursday. So have fun, and be on the lookout- other Stewards may join in the game.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I think parachute pants were mentioned, by me, in a thread about admitting past fashion faux pas.

doooo doo do do
do do
do do
doooo doo do do
do do
do do
don't touch them
doooo doo do do
do do
do do
doooo doo do do
do do
do do
don't touch them ...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'll own it. These are parachute pants like the ones I wore-while-thinking-I-was-cool, while listening to Duran Duran (blech.)

1983? 1984? Was pre-MC Hammer. Hamma wore "harem pants," did he not?

Doo doo doo, indeed.

AA

Last edited by a moderator:
I see lots of young guys in 1000 dollar suits that have skin tight stove-pipe legs,tight jacket,and they walk down the street with no socks and Derby shoes....No for me ,I don't like wrinkles in a suit,a good suit "drapes" properly ,and the pants have a "break" where they meet the mid shoe back.Plus , I want comfort and a suitcoat that covers my ***...My favorite cuts of suit were in the 1940's,but the 30's and 50's were also nice.

Attachments

• $1d1c90964c2d30701b6a06b602041bd0.jpg
    $1d1c90964c2d30701b6a06b602041bd0.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 48
  • $50smens.jpg
    $50smens.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom