What's new

Sweedish G's

Granted I have only been DE shaveing sense Feburarry; however I beileve that the blade commonly known as the Seweedish G is the best blade courentily avalable. I would like to start a debate on this blade. It is my contention that it should be a bench mark for manufacures, not too forgiving like a darby, yet not as harsh as a feather. Please offer your opinions, your discent, or your agreeement. I want them all.

Thank you,

Eric

Swedes and Feathers are both great blades, in my opinion. I give the Feathers a one up, because I have yet to be nicked by them, they are very smooth.

I love the Swedes also. I can get a BBS shave with only 2 passes from them, one WTG and one ATG. But why are they so expensive? I'm tempted to try out the Gillette 7 o'clock's as they might be a cheaper alternative.

Granted I have only been DE shaveing sense Feburarry; however I beileve that the blade commonly known as the Seweedish G is the best blade courentily avalable. I would like to start a debate on this blade. It is my contention that it should be a bench mark for manufacures, not too forgiving like a darby, yet not as harsh as a feather. Please offer your opinions, your discent, or your agreeement. I want them all.

Of all the blades I have tried, it is my second favorite, with Feather being first. The main problem is that they are too hard to find, so they are expensive. Of course, Feathers will probably become more expensive, too. If Swedish Gillettes were the only blades available, I could be quite happy.

Tim

I'm also a big fan of these. Regardless of what razor, soap or cream I use, these blades always give me a very close and comfortable shave. I find Feathers a bit sharper, but nowhere near as smooth. The Red Personnas are currently my second favorite to the Swedes.

jim

My first shave with this was more painful than my shave with a Feather. (I think I was just trying too hard to get a BBS)
Will give second try soon

I want to hate them, but I get BBS every time with these things, and an average of 5 shaves per blade. Should I stick with them for a while? I guess they are cheeper than a mock 3 5-pack.

One last question, if I can't find these what other blades should I try? What do you guys who like these things do or use when you can't find them?

I want to hate them, but I get BBS every time with these things, and an average of 5 shaves per blade. Should I stick with them for a while? I guess they are cheeper than a mock 3 5-pack.

One last question, if I can't find these what other blades should I try? What do you guys who like these things do or use when you can't find them?

I use Gillette Silver Blues. You're on your own to find where they're located...but you can find them. I pay about 30.00 (with shipping included) for 100. They're not much cheaper, but I like them almost as much as Swedes.

I prefer Feathers over the Swedes. The swedes seem to irritate and nick a lot more than the Feathers. For everyday use I prefer red pack Personnas - they seem nearly as sharp and smoother. Plus they're a heck of a lot cheaper.

This is very much a ymmv thing.

The Swedish Gillettes are the blade that I (a relative newbie) like the best so far. They may be more expensive than other blades, but they also last longer, so it more or less evens out in the end. I've decided to use them as my standard blade for now and stop experimenting with my sampler pack for a while.

Jan Pieter

I think they are both excellent blades and I use them as part of my regular rotation. The Feathers are sharper but don't last quite as long. Cost-wise they probably work out to be about even. I personally think that nicks or irritation in general are not a problem with either blade; if you have an issue I suggest trying them in a different razor or working on your technique.

J

Jarmo P

It is a YMMV thing. Not sure I spelled it right?

These Gillette Platinums sold in Scandinavia locally and other places are good blades. Most expencive of any blades. I like them too.

Why they are not available locally in other countries from normal stores since here in Finland they are the only ones, available?

I can guess almost no one here uses them, instead cartridge razor from same company. And for sure most are using an electric shaver! So they are pushed as a last resort from Proctor&Gamble to get money from those , us morons, who use DE blades?
It is a relic to me, those "swedes". They will soon be discontinued in here too.
I have not used them lately and hope they will be gone, lol. I do have them though.

My opinion about them is that they are much better than Feathers for anyone in general. I cannot get myself to like a Feather blade and I have those too some, 90 blades I think.

I cannot get myself to buy locally the Gillette Platinum blades if they cost here about 1 euro/blade when there are almost as good working blades that you can read in my signature are available with 10-15 euro cents/blade. And then not to some Procter&Gamble.

Jarmo

Top Bottom