What's new

Making/construction of covered tang razor

Im interested in covered tang razors, I think they look great and really stand out. I'm thinking of the full covered tangs, not the ones with plates on the sides. Unfortunately I do not own one and I was hoping someone could post a few close-ups from different angles. I would use these pics to determine if it's something I could possibly try and pursue for making a razor and before buying one. If anyone has made one with a covered tang how did it go, what did you do. Also if anyone has a covered tang where the cover has come off pictures of that would be very helpful to see how it was constructed.

Last edited:
Here is my Gold Dollar 66 done with a full covered tang. It's done just as you'd imagine it to be done. Grind down the shaft to a " tongue".
make a pocket in the Ivory and epoxy them together. This was my first attempt and its held up just fine.
The scallops along the tail mimic the spine work and balance from end I end the matching scallops in the wedge.
Since the wood is Ebony and peeling back to reveal the Ivory " underneath " I called it Ebony on Ivory.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 49
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 48
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 50
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg