What's new

Not a Yeti Cooler Fan?

Ok, so maybe you think the Yeti coolers are overpriced and overengineered? I can perhaps see your point on the price factor but my personal philosophy is that it's really hard to overengineer something intended for severe-use duty.
Anyway.....
A vessel that holds almost every last cube of ice in a quart of Gatorade for over 24 hours is doing the job correctly. If you need something that keeps a beverage cold (or hot) for a day or two-or longer...I humbly suggest you add a Yeti Rambler to your Father's Day wish list. Let's face it, nothing is worse than a tepid drink in the heat of a midsummer day.
$image.jpg

Inside after 30 hours

$image.jpg

Last edited:
Nice field test. Yes, the Yetis are excellent coolers for those who want and can afford them. The claims are trus.

The Yeti Rambler is ridiculously awesome - There is no comparison. Everyone has purchased or received some type of insulated thermos - most are cheap and keep things cool/hot for only a few hours (if that). My Rambler can keep ice solid in hot Texas vehicle heat all day. My 30-ounce cost $50 but it will be the last personal thermos that you ever buy...except when you get the itch to buy @Acmemfg 's 36-ounce beast :)

$image.jpg

.....and finally after 72 hours. Amazing the thermal capabilities these products have. I believe I might just buy one of those Yeti Colsters...Indeed I would have months ago if I drank more canned beer :blush:

I think the 18oz. Rambler would. No way the 36oz version would. Yeti customer service is great. You can surely find out from them.

I have friends with the Yeti mugs and beer holders. I'm tempted, but I have yet to keep a beer in hand long enough for it to get warm :a26:

I wouldnt say Yetis are overengineered. They are waaaaay overpriced though. Having said that, they do make great stuff but Im not sure its worth what they charge for it.

My Yeti's get a lot of use here in Texas. They may be overpriced, but they work for me every time. We just started wheat harvest where I live, and I wouldn't leave home without my Rambler. YMMV

The cups and coozies are well worth the cost...the coolers...not so much, based on my research. I REALLY wanted to justify the cost of a cooler after the awesome performance of the coozie (cold beer after 1hr in the OK summer sun), but the Coleman Extreme is ALMOST as good at a fraction of the price. It's not as durable, but stays cold for several days. The Yeti small bits are well worth the cost.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Thats pretty impressive. Unfortunately living in England I'd have no use for that but I want it.

They do the same for keeping hot drinks hot ... how 'bout a nice, hot cuppa after a day of rambling on the moors?

I have a coozi's & the 32 oz Yeti cup. (Both gifts). My wife bought two knockoff Yeti cups from Sam's club. Guess what all 3 performed equally. We did several tests with equal amount of ice each cup. The cups look to be the same. Only difference I can find is the lid. Do I think Yeti is over priced? What do you think????

By the way per Field & Stream Cabella's cooler is the best.

I have a coozi's & the 32 oz Yeti cup. (Both gifts). My wife bought two knockoff Yeti cups from Sam's club. Guess what all 3 performed equally. We did several tests with equal amount of ice each cup. The cups look to be the same. Only difference I can find is the lid. Do I think Yeti is over priced? What do you think????

By the way per Field & Stream Cabella's cooler is the best.

A lot of times the knockoffs are made by the original manufacturer, just a proprietary ingredient, labels, lids, markings or packaging are changed.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I have the original Yetis and the bought the knockoffs from WalMart. $55 vs. $15. Performed identically. It was 110° here today so we have a pretty good test platform.

Also did a side by side on the coolers with my Yeti, Pelican, and Canyon. The Pelican was just as good as the Yeti for roughly $100 less and the Canyon was $150 less but didn't hang with the other two. Sold the Yeti.

Last edited:
Good shout, a nice hot mug of Yorkshire tea while sat on the rolling hills.

I just got the RTIC version this weekend. I opted for the lowball style instead of the bigger mugs. I originally intended to drink icy drinks from it, but yesterday I put my coffee in. I'm sold on this thing being a coffee mug. It keeps my drink hot for several hours.

I just got the RTIC version this weekend. I opted for the lowball style instead of the bigger mugs. I originally intended to drink icy drinks from it, but yesterday I put my coffee in. I'm sold on this thing being a coffee mug. It keeps my drink hot for several hours.

Blimey, that is a long time. Might be worth investing for work days, not sure on the costs over here in England.

Top Bottom