What's new

Not a Yeti Cooler Fan?

That's a nice cup! I'm not a metal cup fan though. I have used Tervis cups for many years. Awesome high quality cups, but no where near as insulated I'm sure.

I now have three different double-wall steel drinking vessels (is there a more accurate name?): a 36 oz Yeti Rambler my daughter game me for my birthday, three 30 oz RTic tumblers (about $20 each, unfortunately, just before the 20% off sale direct from RTic), and a 30 oz Ozark Trail tumbler I just ought from Walmart for around $9. Without the ability to more accurately compare the materials and construction, it appears all three are virtually the same except the raised logos on the sides (and with Yeti and RTic), on the bottom. There appears to be a slight difference in the plastic lids between the RTic and Ozark Trail tumblers... the RTic has a slightly larger opening which looks like it would accommodate larger straws... I believe the Yeti tumbler lid looks more like the Ozark Trail). Of course, the Yeti Rambler has a screw on lid which seems to be much better at keeping things cold/hot.

So it seems that the Ozark Trail is the real bargain... but Walmart has been selling lots of them and they seem hard to find. When I walked down the sport goods/camping aisle at my local Walmart, the Walmart guy stocking shelves must have known what I was there for, since he asked me if I was looking for "the tumbler" and said they only had two left hidden on the shelf.

I find their coolers mediocre but their tumblers and stuff seem to be top notch.

I have a yeti roadie that I got for free and after a years use with it, I can say that I would have been pissed if I would have forked out the money for it.

The construction is great talking durability and such but the insulating properties aren't worth the extra money IMOP.

Yes, it does keep ice longer than a lot of coolers but with that said, there are way cheaper coolers out there that preform almost as well if not the same.

I will never own another yetti personally unless it's another free one.

I would likely look into an RTIC or something similar for lesser money.

YMMV

Last edited:
The Yeti Rambler is ridiculously awesome - There is no comparison. Everyone has purchased or received some type of insulated thermos - most are cheap and keep things cool/hot for only a few hours (if that). My Rambler can keep ice solid in hot Texas vehicle heat all day. My 30-ounce cost $50 but it will be the last personal thermos that you ever buy...except when you get the itch to buy @Acmemfg 's 36-ounce beast :)

A buddy once told me a story about a friend of his...........there's pictures somewhere too.

He was traveling somewhere and left his truck for a few minutes when it started on fire. He had just filled his yeti tumbler with ice and a beverage that was also in the truck.

The fire department came and put the fire out which was a total loss of the vehicle.

The yeti was still in the pickup, lid melted but there was still ice in his tumbler........after going through a fire for a few minutes.

That is pretty impressive.

proxy.php

now there is a great ad for the yeti. I have a rtic and a teti 32 oz and don't see a lot of difference except I got a hell of a deal on the yeti. both are outstanding. no more plastic tevis crap for me

So this elephant walks into a bar....

You Tube is novel and can prove to be interesting and informative. Gospel it ain't.
Hickock45 and the other "Internet Ninjas" essentially broadcast their opinions across cyberspace and although entertaining and fun, seldom are they a definitive set of criteria to influence what I buy or don't. Same holds true with the Yeti vs. RTIC vs. Ozark Trail vs. Orca vs. 7-11 Big Gulp cup. I'll take the time to do my own research and vet out the hard facts. That being said....

Currently I am looking at:
1. Yeti Tundra 45
2. RTIC Soft Sided Cooler 20
3. Yeti Rambler 18
4. RTIC Bottle 18
5. Yeti Rambler 36
6. RTIC Bottle 64.

Indeed it is early in the game but all the Yeti gear has proven itself in multiple real-world situations. It shall now be up to the RTIC gear to show what it can do.

Couple of interesting points:
Neither the Yeti or RTIC soft coolers are compatible with dry ice (per the manufacturer). Their Rotomolded coolers are.
The Yeti and RTIC bottles have huge, easy to drink from mouths. Nice touch
Both manufacturer's caps have dual o-ring seals. My 64 oz. RTIC was missing the top o-ring when I opened the box. Let's see how effieicnt customer service is; e mail has been sent.

There is no glaring difference in the appearance of either product. The bottle caps look kinda different but it's just an aestetic thing. One loop is rounded; one loop is squared.

Thermal effiency shall be reported later; I'm not putting these in an oven...egad!!!

Indeed the price could be a factor. RTIC bottles were about $40 for the pair. The cooler was $100.

You know what Yeti stuff costs.

Oh...everything came with a sticker!! Yay!!!

Let's see how this fleshes out....................

Last edited:
Top Bottom