What's new

George Butler "Keen" razor from Ebay

Hey guys wanted to show you the new razor I picked up for £10 on Ebay. Gonna perfect my honing and stropping skills before I try to get this shave ready. I have heard great things about George Butler razors. A little bit of restoration required but it's manageable

$tumblr_o8obdo3nr11t0e81qo1_400.jpg$tumblr_o8obdo3nr11t0e81qo2_1280.jpg$tumblr_o8obdo3nr11t0e81qo3_1280.jpg

Nice find! Personally I wouldn't do much more than just a good honing. It appears to be pretty good condition just as it is, but if you feel the need, try starting with a non-abrasive polish like Flitz. It'd be a pity to affect what appears to be a fairly shallow etch =)

The the quote on the blade is from Shakespeare. Though from what I can tell the quote isnt accurate but serves its purpose none the less

Would honing it remove this?
View attachment 665754

No, but it does not look very deep. For the safety of the etch on the other side I would probably try a little White Diamond metal polish on the tip of a q-tip and whatever that would not remove I would leave on the blade. A bit of history showing on a blade of this age isn't a bad thing and many prefer it to mirror polish.

Top Bottom