What's new

mammabear has had her colognes up for sale for a while now.

They're not very expensive and I'm VERY curious as to how much people like them and how longthey last etc....can anyone give a review?

I am still working on them and they should be available next week. I prefer to let them sit for a few weeks before selling them, therefore I haven't told anyone about them yet...... I think they are going to be very nice tho.

Sue (Mama Bear)

I am doing some natural and some synthetic blends both. When I combine a synthetic and a natural, it will be listed in the synthetics.

The soap scents are being duplicated in the cologne scents to help with layering.

Here is what I am working on at this time....

Synthetics:

Bea Brummell: This reminds us of the Gentlemen's clubs of the 18th century. Tobacco and black tea are the dominate notes with hints of fruit and spice. This fragrance is heady, masculine and evokes images of the classic well dressed gentleman, Beau Brummel.

Dragon's Blood: This mysterious, alluring blend is difficult to describe. With warming notes of amber, incense, Madagascar vanilla and patchouli, our Dragonsblood is lightened up with layers of romantic notes such as rose, jasmine and lilac. Finally, this sensual, deep blend is topped off with the colorful, light touches of blood orange and grapefruit

Indian Sandalwood: This is our secret blending Sandalwood. It's deeper and richer than our regular sandalwood. Wonderful woody scent. This is what most people think of Sandalwood smelling like! Wonderful!

Spellbound Woods: Talk about a wonderfully sexy scent -- this is it! Spellbound Woods is a blend of Amber, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedarwood and the barest hint of light floral on the dry down. Everyone who tested this FO just fell in love with it.

Vetiver: Not a single note like the essential oil of the same name, but rather has top notes of Lemon & Rosemary. The middle notes contain florals, Sandalwood and Patchouli and finally, the luscious blend finishes off with musk and vetyver.

Elements of Bamboo: A harmonious blend of bamboo and cedar entwined with lemon, tangerine and ginger. Exotic, cooling, and refreshing

Somali Rose: Can you imagine a masculine rose? Here it is! Rose with chocolate, sandalwood, anise, musk and a twist of green moss. Now don't be too concerned about the rose in the name or the blend, this isn't a strong floral type and it tends to be powdery. Very masculine and sexy.

Vanilla Musk: This is a combination fragrance that works incredibly well together. It is not as sweet or candy like as vanilla hazelnut. Vanilla invites and soothes with the musk that gives balance and depth. A good sweet fragrance that is accepted by both men and women.

Rik's Christmas Blend: This is reminiscent of the smell of baking gingerbread during the holidays

Old Spice Type: Our unmistakably masculine scent interpretation of the classic fragrance.

Aqua di Gio Type: Our unmistakably wonderful interpretation of the classic fragrance.

Extreme: A classic scent first launched by Bulgari in 1999, Extreme is classified as an oriental-type scent, with citrus and low notes of lavender. Although marketed to men, many women find this fragrance appealing, as well. This is our version of this fragrance

Masculine Musk. A sensual fragrance as the name implies. Think of masculine sandalwood, velvety vanilla, lingering musk with a twist of orange

Autumn Afternoon: Vibrant! A clean blend of herbs, falling leaves and clean fresh air.

Natural:

Dragon's Tears: 100% Natural using only essential oils of Frankincense, Cypress, Bergamot, Valencia Orange Sandalwood, Rosewood and Lavendin.

Lavender/Vanilla: This is a lovely and calming blend, good for before bedtime as it will tend to relax you. The smell is just lovely.

I think I will see how these do for a while before adding other, but I am always plaing with the essential oil blends and if I come up with something else as good as the Dragon's Tears, I am sure I will announce it. There was only one tester that did not like this one... I was pleasantly surprised!

These colognes will be getting made up once I get the last of the soap orders out the door... probably tomorrow. They come in 4 oz. cobalt blue glass bottles with black atomizers and run between $9.99 and $15.99 each. I will see which ones people are wanting and those will be the ones I add down the road to make it easier to layer fragrances..

I have dumped out countless gallons of these while I was learning. I think I have it, but am always looking for feedback from my favorite guys.

I will make an announcement hopefull next week when they are made up and can be shipped. I would prefer to let them sit for 3 weeks before shipping them however.. so it is not going to be right away. I will let you know..

Big Bear Hugs!!

Sue (Mama Bear)

I had a sampler of the Dragon's Tears cologne show up in the mail yesterday (Thanks MB!) Let me just say that the scent of it is incredible. I'll do my best to write up a review when I get some free time to devote to it. I have to prime my whiffer since I don't want the description to come out like the whole Trumper's Violet thing hehe. =)

Spicey Lime, Spicey Line!!! And Bay Rum!!! Expect and order from me soon. I ordered the shaving soaps and they were great.

Rich C. said:
Spicey Lime, Spicey Line!!! And Bay Rum!!! Expect and order from me soon. I ordered the shaving soaps and they were great.

hhmmmm... both of those sound good! I can do that. I am in the middle of cologne making right now and will probably be chased out of the kitchen shortly with all the fragrances I have going on! :w00t:

These colognes need to sit for a few weeks before I can ship them out tho... they need to blend together and this takes a little time. But, I will let you know when they are ready to ship....

Spicey Lime... yummy! Great idea!! :tongue_sm

A huge thumbs up on the colognes. I was lucky enough to try the Dragon's Blood, which smells EXACTLY like the cologne. The atomizer sue has used is verry unique, that it doesn't over atomize the fragrance (If that makes sense), and I like it alot. The scent has MASSIVE staying power. I used it before bed, and found myself catching errant notes of the cologne almost 20 hours later. I must say that for tghe money spent, sue's products are an insane value, and preform excellently.

:001_tt1: :001_tt1: MAMA BEAR COLOGNE ROCKS:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

I have just recieved a Dragon´s Blood Cologne from Mama Bear and it is SUPER!!! It has an almost absurd staying time (I smelled it from early morning all the way to bedtime :eek: ) IMO One of the best, an to that price - Magnificent !!

And the smell is Absolutely Wonderful - Alluring to say the least :001_tt1:

Thank you Sue for your great stuff, you are a true master.

Top Bottom