What's new

Seeking information on a unique vintage straight razor

I am a new member and would appreciate any information on a straight razor I was left by my Father-in-law. 1919 World Peace. Blade picture of a Train, Sun & Ship. Kayser Ellison & Co's. Best Sheffield Silver Steel. Back side has "stock" with a front rolled underline. 6 1/4" closed, 9 3/4" open.
I incorrectly posted photos to the SOTD area earlier, see images there.
Thanks for any insight. Value? Rarity?

Tim

Attachments

• $Straight Razor 001.jpg
    $Straight Razor 001.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 106
  • $Straight Razor 003.jpg
    $Straight Razor 003.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 103
  • $Straight Razor 004.jpg
    $Straight Razor 004.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 103
  • $Straight Razor 006.jpg
    $Straight Razor 006.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 102
  • $Straight Razor 008.jpg
    $Straight Razor 008.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 101

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Welcome.
Very nice razor, especially since it belonged to your father in law. Sheffield steel has a large following and for good reason.
Appraisals are against the Terms Of Use (TOU), but I'd say you've got yourself a keeper! Get it cleaned up and honed and have yourself a shave.

Yes, Value opinions are not allowed, but from what I can tell it is a very nice razor that should clean up very nicely and make for an exceptional shaver should you choose to put the time into restoring it to it's former glory:thumbup:

I recently saw a similar blade sell on eBay but I don't know the details. It is a very attractive design with a respected name and it is in fair shape so you know it would sell. Search eBay's current and past listings/sales and you will get an idea of what it might sell for. As for "value"? YOU have a unique razor in good shape from a respected maker with a known connection to its owner ...Its highest value is as part of your own shave den.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Very nice family heirloom. I've seen these made by various manufacturers. People trying to jump on the bandwagon of the end of World War 1, and the celebration of the Treaty of Versailles.
As mentioned by other members, valuations and appraisals aren't done here, but they have sold on various auction sites before.

Best advice:

Don't be the guy 10 years from now that says "I wish I had kept that family treasure to hand down".

Top Bottom