What's new

June 10, 2014 update

I think it's a great idea to post pictures/descriptions before the release. That takes the guessing out of selection. Also, what order do brushes get posted?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I think it's a great idea to post pictures/descriptions before the release. That takes the guessing out of selection. Also, what order do brushes get posted?

As I've said elsewhere, it's a good idea but another thing that takes time, which tends to get chewed up at the very real expense of getting brushes made.

I don't know that there is a particular order. I guess if it helped we could by by style number: 1=Chief, 2=PK=PK-47, etc. But it's inevitable that one or more brushes would end up being posted out of order.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
See OP. Brushes are made (couple dozen 28 mm). Aim to have photos ready to post by sometime tomorrow and do the release on Saturday. Stay tuned for more details.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Front-side photos of brushes (all 28 mm) to be included in the next release can be seen in the Paladin Gallery.

We'll post timing (target is Saturday, June 18) in the usual places when we have it nailed down.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Target start-time is 11:00 AM Central. I'll put word out if that needs to change for any reason.

Brushes will go up one-at-a-time, as usual. We do it that way because there isn't a good alternative at this time. Cody's estimate of how long it will take to get them all up is 1-1.5 hours.

Best of luck to all. Thanks for your interest and support.

Thank you for posting the pictures and start time estimate. Very helpful. Now I just need to hang at home for a bit to order the brush I want!

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Every single brush is sold in seconds. I'm done. Way too frustrating and depressing.

FWIW, we're not at all insensitive to the frustration and disappointment many have experienced trying to buy one of our brushes. We believed that posting photos in advance of this release was a good idea. And I still think it was. But I did not expect it to solve the fundamental problem, which is that we can't make enough brushes to meet present demand.

We posted photos of the 23 brushes in this release two days ago. By the time they started going on the shelf at 11:00 AM Central today, there had been over 800 views. And during the approximately 1 hour it took for all 23 brushes to be uploaded and purchased, there were more than 10 different people in the store for every brush. On average, each brush simultaneously occupied about four shopping carts prior to being purchased. Whoever progressed to checkout first got the brush.

Several have proposed that we adopt a waiting list. Given the way we go about producing brushes, however, a waiting list would only make matters worse. It would inevitably result in decreased production.

A lottery has also been suggested. I have difficulty imagining exactly how that would work. In any case, it’s not going to happen.

Other things we could do that haven't been suggested include 1) making brushes that suck, 2) raising our prices, and/or 3) auctioning brushes for sale to the highest bidder. Neither 1 nor 3 (except in fund raising for good causes) is of interest to me. We'll probably have to evaluate our pricing at some point down the road after things settle out a bit. But we're not into gaming supply/demand imbalances. My only concern with regard to pricing is getting a reasonable return on the time and effort we put into making brushes, which is considerable.

No attitude here. Just offering some additional perspective. Once again, we appreciate everyone who tried to buy a brush. We're sorry for the frustration and disappointment many have experienced. We certainly won't begrudge anyone who decides to give up the chase.

I understand and by no means make a brush that sucks. By selling quality product at a good price point there will be strong demand and will also push others to up their game also. It's just not a pleasant buying experience for those not fortunate enough. I'm sure I was one of the 4 on many of those brushes in carts.
Placing the pics ahead of time was a plus, please continue that. I'll probably be keeping an eye out still, but definitely lost some enthusiasm.
Keep up the good work, I really do like the looks of what you make.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I understand and by no means make a brush that sucks. By selling quality product at a good price point there will be strong demand and will also push others to up their game also. It's just not a pleasant buying experience for those not fortunate enough. I'm sure I was one of the 4 on many of those brushes in carts.
Placing the pics ahead of time was a plus, please continue that. I'll probably be keeping an eye out still, but definitely lost some enthusiasm.
Keep up the good work, I really do like the looks of what you make.

Thanks. I'm sure it will smooth out over time. We completely suspended sales from mid-July last year until launching three months ago. We had about 450 people on mailing list, by their request, when we announced the launch.

Thanks for trying. We hope you will persevere. We'd love to have you own and, more important, enjoy using one of our brushes.

Top Bottom