What's new

Fragrance Friday: Creed Millesime Imperial

While my experiences with it are a little more positive, like Joel, I also find Creed Millesime Imperial to be somewhat over rated. It is a pleasant, fruity and fresh fragrance that is a scent that requires hot weather to shine. It is the first (and maybe the only) fragrance where "salty" is the primary impression. Like many fruity scents, it has limited longevity, becoming a skin scent after 3-4 hours. The need for hot weather and the longevity issues limit when I can use it (although I'm down to the last 10% of a 120 ml bottle. Like Joel, I won't be buying another (while I ended up getting replacement bottles of Aventus and Windsor/ Royal Mayfair with plenty remaining of both).

I enjoy marine type scents in the summer. I wore this yesterday. Surprisingly this one gets a lot of compliments.

Creed are my favourite fragrance house. Full Stop.

I've currently got green irish tweed, silver mountain water, and millesimal imperial in my drawer. I got a bottle of MI from allbeauty.com for about £70 for 120 ml about a year ago. The bottle didn't turn up for weeks and they dispatched another and told me to keep both if they turned up! 240ml for £70!

Anyway, fragrance is brilliant; it's clean, fresh and sharp, with a lovely salty base to it.

I am pretty much with Joel on this one. Seems rather innocuous to me. Joel is correct, however, that it is one of the Creed's that gets a lot of love. So there are those out there that like it a lot and I have no beef with that.

Millesime Imperial smells amazing in the short-lived opening, but the drydown turns into an iris/cedar combo that sort of smells like pencil shavings. With the very high price, inconsistent longevity and wide batch variations, I can't recommend it to everyone.

MI is one of those Creeds that I like but don't love, certainly not enough to justify nearly $200 retail. Even if I loved the juice more the performance is very lackluster on my skin (4 hours tops). The good news is there are designers options that give off a very similar vibe that can be had dirt cheap. Both Ed Hardy Love and Luck and Sean John Unforgivable smell similar, albeit, more synthetic.

My first creed purchase right before aventus. I LOVE this fragrance. I always wear it fresh out of the shower so whenever I smell it, it gives me that clean vibe. That ghost watermelon note is just pure bliss to me as its my fav fruit. I will nvr be out of a bottle of this. And talking about the bottle damn does it look good. I personally like the gold and clear one and not the pure gold one.

Top Bottom