What's new

Soap Sample Passaround Box

Here we go... the rules. I'll give you guys some time to look them over before posting the sign up list. If you have any questions please let me know.

General Information
I've been working on gathering some soap samples from various vendors and members here.
My goal was to have a box (we now have three) with some really outstanding soaps travel around from person to person so that people could try some soaps before buying them.
The three boxes are almost full with the last vendor items coming in now.

Welcome to round two of the soap sample passaround box. Samples can be expensive and difficult to get so this way you'd be able to try a lot all at once to determine what you like and don't like.

It started with some samples that I put in there as well as a ton of vendor donations. You can't remove any samples and are to only cut off or scoop out enough for a shave and return the sample to the box. So all samples are used until they are gone so they get to be tried by as many people as possible.

You can add any soap samples you'd like to the box and it is encouraged that you do so to make the box even better but it's not a requirement.

You keep each box for seven (7) days or less, smell and sample as many of the soaps as you'd like and then pass it on to the next person on the list. Reviews of soaps (especially the vendor donated soaps) are highly encouraged/required as long as you give honest feedback of the soaps you try.

You won't get the second box sent to you until you've sent the first one to the next personand shared/posted a tracking number. You get the third one after you'd already sent the first two. This allows three different people to be trying soaps at the same time.

Rules/Guidelines

1. You must be an active member here on the forum for three months with over 150 meaningful posts to participate.
2. You are responsible to cover the cost of shipping for the box to be sent to the next person. The person before you paid to get it to you.
It uses medium flat rate boxes so figure shipping will be around $15 for each box and there are three of them. You'll get one box at a time each week for three weeks. Please replace the box when it's needed as they do get worn out. The boxes are free from the post office.
3. You are allowed to have the box for no longer than 7 days before sending it to the next person on the list.
4. This is a sample only box. You are free to try any of the soaps in the box during your turn but you are not allowed to keep anything from the box.
So to clarify this. You only take a small amount of the sample soaps that you shave with. Enough for one shave then the rest goes back in the box so that others can try it too.
When you send the box to the next person you should have no soap whatsoever in your possession that was from the box.
You're entering this so that you can try the soaps. If everyone plays by the rules then the soaps will last the entire round before needing to be refilled.
5. You may add any soap samples to the box that you'd like to make it better for those after you. Samples should be about an ounce of less. No full tubs.
If you'd like to donate a full tub of soap for this passaround please send it to me and I'll use it to refill a one ounce container like I'm doing with many of the vendor donated soaps. I'm not asking for anything but this question has come up before and I've been sent soaps for this by members.
I have a box of soaps that is put aside for refills. I don't use these soaps and consider them property of the passaround.
6. Empty soap containers stay in the box labeled as they are. Many of the soaps I'll refill when they are empty after the round and before the next. I just can't fit full tubs in the boxes as they are just too full.
7. Please don't later any of the soaps in their sample containers. Cut or scoop enough for one shave and press it into a bowl. It's a personal hygene thing. Just don't do it, plus why would you want to as the sample containers don't give you enough room to do so effectively.
8. Many of the vendor soaps I've removed from full tubs and filled the sample containers. These are all new soaps. The rest in the box are going to be a mixture of some new and some used soap. If you ask me which are new and I happen to know I'd be happy to tell you if I know.
But do know that I can't control what people put in as well so if you're skittish about used soaps then maybe this isn't the passaround for you.
9. Be considerate about how you treat the soaps. Some of the soaps I don't have more to refill. Please use only what you need so that others can try them too.
10. I reserve the right to change the rules or stop this passaround at any time. I can also make exceptions. I want this to go smoothly and run for several rounds. In fact I'd like to see it travel around for many years and if everyone plays by the rules it likely can so please be considerate to those after you.
If you guys play by the rules and not loot the box I'll keep it going. If I find that it's too much babysitting then I'll end it.
11. From time to time I'll share my thoughts about a soap in the passaround. Know that these are my honest thoughts. The vendors send me soaps for this passaround and not items for my personal use. I try the soaps once or twice just like you guys then they are put aside not for my use.
An assumption was made recently that I get all kinds of free stuff from the vendors for doing this (I wish) but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I ask for soap and they send me soap for you guys.
I will refrain from bashing a soap that I don't care for. I'll maybe say nothing at all or that it's not one that works for me. Please know that donated or not the soaps will get no undeserved praise. The vendors are all aware of this as well.
If I give a soap a ton of praise know that it's my honest assessment. Try the soap and if you don't agree with my assessment feel free to call me out on it.

About the Vendors - I started out hand picking who I asked to donate to this. Then many other vendors contacted me or other forum members to get involved. There are many soaps in the boxes that I'd consider excellent after trying 400 plus soaps myself.
Please do give the vendors some thanks and let them know that you tried or read about their soaps here, especially if you place an order.
They are doing this not only because they are really nice people (they are) but also as a form of advertisement. For the small artisan soap makers there are very limited ways that they can promote their products to their intended market.
They've donated $$$ worth of product many vendors as much as $100 worth or more worth of stuff.
In many cases I have full tubs of donated soap to keep refilling the sample containers with. I just can't fit the full tubs in the box.
So know that they've taken very good care of us with this and please do give them some thanks. They love to sell soap but they also love to get emails saying that you enjoyed their soaps.
Look at it this way, if the advertisement works then they are way more inclined to donate again to this box and others like it.

Soap quality - There are some really excellent soaps in this box. Many more good soaps than bad ones. I use some really excellent soaps every day and I almost take for granted how good they are.
I know instantly how good the soaps I'm using are the minute I try a bad one. The outstanding ones seem to do everything right and the lesser ones have obvious flaws. There's a bit of everything in the box so feel free to try whatever you'd like.
Know that the Vendor soaps are all ones that I'd consider to be of a very high quality. There are some bad soaps in the box so if you encounter one use it as a guideline and learn from it.

How to sign up and what I need from you: I'll post a list of numbers and you'll put your name on the list in the spot of your choice and repost it.
Please take care not to overwrite or accidentially remove anyone else's name. As multiple people sign up at the same time it's easy to mess it up by not paying attention and posting an incomplete list after someone already added themself before you.
After posting your name please go back three or four posts in either direction and make sure the list is truly complete. Do pick a spot that will allow you to meet the needed duration and post count before your turn comes up.

I'm going to need to collect some information from you:
Subject: Soap Sample Passaround spot #(number on list you picked)

Information needed
Number on list:
Forum user name:
Your real name (first and last):
Address:
Phone Number:
Email address:

Your spot is chosen by reposting the list. Providing The contact information is just a necessary follow up.

I won't use this information other than to contact you related to this passaround (only if needed). Every attempt will be made to contact you within this forum first. I won't share anyone's information and I won't use it for any other purpose. I do delete it after this round is complete.

This time I'd like to collect this information upfront as it makes it a lot easier for me. I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I've set up an email address to collect your information ([email protected]). It's not my personal email as I've set it up brand new for this purpose only.
Once I have you're information I'll empty the inbox completely and I won't be using it again until the next round, so don't send any other emails or reviews to it (they won't be read) and please don't send your contact info until you're officially on the list.

Noth that you will still have to share your information again with the person before you on the list. Providing it to me keeps me from having to hunt them down for it.

Please read these rules completely and be sure that you agree to all of them before signing up.

I'll give you guys some time to read this over before posting the signup list.

Thank you,
David

To signup add your name and repost the entire list. (Please make sure you've read the rules and meet the qualifications).

Soap sample passaround box Round two:

0. dfoulk - in possession of the boxes
1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
15. sheashaves710
31. back to dfoulk

Last edited:
1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
15. sheashaves710
31. back to dfoulk

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
7. Rxdude
15. sheashaves710
31. back to dfoulk

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
3.Smattayu
7.rx dude
15. sheashaves710
31. back to dfoulk

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
3.Smattayu
7.rx dude
15. sheashaves710
31. back to dfoulk

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
3.Smattayu
5.sfeile
7.rx dude
15. sheashaves710
31. back to dfoulk

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
3.Smattayu
4.elvergun
5.sfeile
7.rx dude
15. sheashaves710
31. back to dfoulk

To signup add your name and repost the entire list. (Please make sure you've read the rules and meet the qualifications).

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
3.Smattayu
4.elvergun
5.sfeile
7.rx dude
15. sheashaves710
20. dangerousdon
31. back to dfoulk

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
3.Smattayu
4.elvergun
5.sfeile
7.rx dude
15. sheashaves710
20. dangerousdon
23. davidr2340
31. back to dfoulk

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
3.Smattayu
4.elvergun
5.sfeile
7.rx dude
8. bobmsp
15. sheashaves710
20. dangerousdon
23. davidr2340
31. back to dfoulk

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
3.Smattayu
4.elvergun
5.sfeile
7.rx dude
8. bobmsp
15. sheashaves710
20. dangerousdon
21. CzechCzar
23. davidr2340
31. back to dfoulk

1. BJ Rose
2. rockclimber
3.Smattayu
4.elvergun
5.sfeile
6. cvargo
7.rx dude
8. bobmsp
15. sheashaves710
20. dangerousdon
21. CzechCzar
23. davidr2340
31. back to dfoulk

To bad I did not join months ago, Just even smelling the different types of soaps would peek my interest. Yall, have a good shave.

To bad I did not join months ago, Just even smelling the different types of soaps would peek my interest. Yall, have a good shave.

You have to hit the required numbers by when your turn comes up. The pass has 30 names on it which means 30 weeks or about 7 months (as a couple people always drop off). If you're interested you can put your name for later in the pass as you have some time to easily get the numbers. I do check the post counts and activity though so just make sure you're meeting the requirements when it's your turn.

Top Bottom