What's new

Exploring the Splash (and Sting)

I tried DR Harris pink for the first time last week and liked it very much.

The chatter here about splashes encouraged me. Before then the idea of splashing an alcohol based product or other "stinging" product was out of the question.

Maybe my skin is getting tougher (age), or healthier with a few years of good DE shaving. At one time the shave was so sensitive only CAR products would help.

So after a week of "Ah ha" splashes I am looking for simlar and better results, especially something scented.

note: AV fans, I finally tried some last week.

I would recommend Saint Charles Shave Mediterranean Citrus Aftershave. It has a pleasant smell, slight alcohol sting and great skincare.

The Harris Pink is a very mild splash. Alcohol content is pretty low.

Musgo Real is another splash that has a lot less sting than other alcohol splashes I've used. It provides really good skincare. It does have a pretty strong scent that lingers so you gotta make sure you like it.

I would recommend Saint Charles Shave Mediterranean Citrus Aftershave. It has a pleasant smell, slight alcohol sting and great skincare.

I agree. That stuff is awesome. After that I put on the avocado oil ASM sample that was included with the group buy and WHAM:w00t: that stuff is the most rocking in the world.

The Harris Pink is a very mild splash. Alcohol content is pretty low.

Musgo Real is another splash that has a lot less sting than other alcohol splashes I've used. It provides really good skincare. It does have a pretty strong scent that lingers so you gotta make sure you like it.

Plus one on the Musgo Real. My favourite product, because of its ingredients and soothing properties.

But, as said before, to each his own.

Stinging only happens when you've taken your shave too far. When I do this the stinging is very heavy, when I take care, there hardly is any stinging.

Alcohol does not sting by itself, this happens because it comes in contact with 'raw' skin with skin layers removed because of a multi-pass shave.

Stinging only happens when you've taken your shave too far. When I do this the stinging is very heavy, when I take care, there hardly is any stinging.

Alcohol does not sting by itself, this happens because it comes in contact with 'raw' skin with skin layers removed because of a multi-pass shave.

In that case I have taken my shave too far every day for years. The best prep with a DE still leaves me burning.

Not everyone is blessed with pasty white sensitive skin and tree trunks for whiskers like I am.

ok. so I explored the burn w/ a few splashes.

note to self: I am a puss and have been avoidin this for years for a reason.

I tried the SCS splash and screamed like a 6 year old school girl.

It turns out that I can stand a little whitch hazel in a recipe, but zero alcohol.

this was fun, but painful.

the jents refinery is next up for a test.

ok. so I explored the burn w/ a few splashes.

note to self: I am a puss and have been avoidin this for years for a reason.

I tried the SCS splash and screamed like a 6 year old school girl.

It turns out that I can stand a little whitch hazel in a recipe, but zero alcohol.

this was fun, but painful.

the jents refinery is next up for a test.

You could use just plain witch hazel. If you want it cold; stick it in the fridge before you use it. :)

Alt Innsbruck is the best AS splash on the planet. Try some Superlather decants of various brands to get a handle on whats best for you.

tvelv...took ur advice and ordered the alt innsbrok. Iffn it does not work I'll pass it around for someone else. :001_smile

I placed the scs med splash in the fs/ft, but if someone really wants to try it, I will send it over free. just pm if interested. the scs is a super product...I'm just a cry baby w/ raw skin.

after yesterdays experience I hurried quicky back to my all time rescue for a close shave ... CAR's tonic followed by lavender balm cream. I like variety, but thank the lord for this product.

Top Bottom