What's new

June Photo Challenge: Local Special Events

June Photo Challenge:

Local Special Events

Let's see your photos of local or regional gatherings, celebrations, special occasions, commemorations, color, re-enactments, festivals, contests, etc.

Things that include People and Activities, portrayed in an artistic and creative manner!
Other examples are carnivals, rodeos, fairs, marathons.
Please specify the Locale and a Description of the Event!

Submissions Open until Friday, June 24th, midnight GMT.

(Stew and Mods, please correct if necessary!!)

This is an intriguing idea. There's a nature center shindig this weekend here in D.C. Maybe I can go Full Japanese Tourist and get some good shots. Great challenge! I accept, the message self-destructed, and I hope to come back with some pics.

great to have some folks joining!
i'll do a kick-off, with an admittedly-not-so-impressive shot.
easter egg hunt at the palm beach polo grounds, april 2011.

proxy.php

$_DSC0643-copy.jpg$_DSC0646-copy.jpg$_DSC0654-copy.jpg

Local events for me usually mean music - afraid this month is a little dry. Roman re-enactment at local museum and a birthday bash at my favourite coffee house!

Oh, and a reminder of musical days!

$DSC01173-copy.jpg

Thanks, I don't really have an interest in RC planes but was looking for something to shoot and it's across the street from our neighborhood. I have to admit, it was pretty cool to watch.

June Photo Challenge:

Local Special Events

Let's see your photos of local or regional gatherings, celebrations, special occasions, commemorations, color, re-enactments, festivals, contests, etc.

Things that include People and Activities, portrayed in an artistic and creative manner!
Other examples are carnivals, rodeos, fairs, marathons.
Please specify the Locale and a Description of the Event!

Submissions Open until Friday, June 24th, midnight GMT.

(Stew and Mods, please correct if necessary!!)

would it include baseball games, concerts and such?

Here's another one. This was taken at the Hillsboro, NH Revolutionary War Re-enactment.

Flash in the Pan...

$DSC_0551 - Flash in the Pan.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom