What's new

Att se1

My experiences were similar.

ATT SE1
Feather AC Pro (1)
Shave Revolution synthetic brush
Stirling Electric Sheep soap
Clubman Original aftershave

I found the razor to be light and agile in the hand - it's a full ounce lighter than the current version of the stainless steel Mongoose. The angle is closer to that of a DE than other SE's but I found it intuitive. I was able to zip along without worrying too much about angle, pressure etc.

The shave was deceptive. It felt like it might be on the mild side, but my usual 3 passes w/no touch-ups produced a near-perfect BBS shave with one tiny weeper and no irritation at all. I'd say it has nearly the agility of the Cobra Classic but with the smoothness of the Mongoose.

I'm not about to form an opinion based on one shave, but my first impressions are overwhelmingly positive.

$sotd6_05.jpg

--Bob

In anticipation of this razor, I've shaved with the 2nd Batch mongoose razor for the last week and I've now switched to the Cobra Classic. Boy does the Cobra Classic shave well! I stated it before that the comparison for me will be between the Cobra Classic and the ATT SE1 and I still feel the same.

We are still shipping out our Bamboo SE1 razors. We are doing it in batches as we receive stock. Currently we are waiting on more caps. The response to the SE has been amazing. Thanks to all who have purchased our newest offering. The razor remains in back order status because we have not been able to catch up. It is a good problem to have.
You will know when your order is being processed because when we print your shipping label you will receive an email providing your tracking info.

Today was shave 5. I have used different soaps and have had similar great results. Surprisingly, performance with SV tundra artica was not at the same level as when I use with SR or DE razors. I have used the same pro blade and it's no worse for wear. I do find tallow based soaps leave a residue that must be wiped down vs vegetal based soaps do not present this issue. Might be more I'm paying attention or how the stainless steel finish is prone to residue. By no means is this a design or product issue, just an observation I have.
The shaves provided are close, smooth and mainly irritation free. My opinion on the ATT SE1 has not changed, still enjoying it.

Rxdude , it's somewhat unclear from your review if Arctica Tundra Soap has a residue problem and if it is tallow based.
I was under impression SV soaps are all vegetable based. Is AT an exception?

You are right, SV soaps are vegetal based. Tundra was a less than stellar performance issue. Unsure why though, will need to use again to pass judgement on this combo.
Residue issue was from tallow soaps. I used CRSW and DR Harris. These performed fantastic with the SE setup.
When I used MdC and SC Tundra Artica the residue issue was less.

Sorry for any confusion.

Rxdude thanks for the clarification. On SV web page, I found the following regarding AT soap

"This soap is based on the Beta 4.1 formulation but the new additives, in addition to the properties described above, possess the characteristics that make the Tundra Artica very different from our previous soaps."

For some reason I can't copy the link. But further on the webpage they listed a long list of ingridients.

I have their Dolomite soap and aftershave and they are great. Certainly I have no feeling of any residue left after using Dolomite soap

More abot Tundra Arctics from its SV page ( they specifically mention 'film forming' effct ) which. based on description might feel like residu
===========

"The foam is lighter and requires less water to build up.

The performances are balanced to improve the cutting depth.

This happens because of a film-forming effect, very noticeable as the brush passes increases.

This film, once it resides on the skin, decreases the mechanical friction and has a protective action against the blade. While rinsing it off from the face, this film is very palpable on the hands."

Order #1470 is on the move - It's left Tri-Cities Kingsport area and now in Miami waiting for a trip to me in Ozbekistan via Dubai. Looking forward to having a shave with this bad boy!

Got mine in the post today - I'll wash her down and load a feather professional in it on Saturday for a test scrape. Lovely workmanship on this BTW.

Got mine in the post today - I'll wash her down and load a feather professional in it on Saturday for a test scrape. Lovely workmanship on this BTW.

good going. i don't think you will be disappointed. i have been using mine almost exclusively as my daily driver since it arrived. others have posted that the feather blades mellow out from first use (in a good way) and i can attest to that also. i changed blades this weekend and had a couple small weepers, and none since then, while maintaining the close, mild shave.

Top Bottom