What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, June 2016 - The Gillette Tech

Sorry, @mr_eleven , I was really busy this last week with my daughters youth group and wasn't able to thank you for the blades. I can't wait to try out the Polisilvers and the Feathers was a nice bonus.....but the mints didn't stand a chance against a metal mail box and 115 degree Las Vegas heat. At least now when I get my mail, it smells nice and minty in there, so thanks for that.

I was just thinking about melted Junior Mints yesterday! I had a box go nuclear on me as well and wondered if posting them in the mail was a good idea or not.
At least the blades survived :thumbup1:

Went back to the triangle slot tech today. I really do like these better than the post war ones. I don't know if they shave any better, but I like the blade feel and the fact that they don't seem to get clogged by lather as easily.

Went back to the triangle slot tech today. I really do like these better than the post war ones. I don't know if they shave any better, but I like the blade feel and the fact that they don't seem to get clogged by lather as easily.
I like 'em all, but I, too, went to a triangle-slotted version (in this case, a Canadian pre-war) and got an outstanding shave.

Cool DE razors. Unfortunate that Gillette didn't understand a simple concept when they started making technologically advanced and expensive cartridge razors; if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Cool DE razors. Unfortunate that Gillette didn't understand a simple concept when they started making technologically advanced and expensive cartridge razors; if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Yes, but then how would they make more sales? They made them too well to start off with ;)

Travel / Grooming Tech set, made in England. It contains a scissor, shoe spoon, nail clippers, nail file and the razor. And you can brush your shoes or jacket :)

The razor's handle and base plate are alu. The top cap doesn't have the facets, so I don't think it's Zamak. It's very mild, probably the mildest Tech made.

View attachment 663594

Beautiful.
I have the chance to have a Tech Week-ender :
proxy.php

Never use... It's in my collection. :001_cool:

NicK.

[MENTION=110924]NicK_2[/MENTION] [MENTION=109887]Bumpymacaroon[/MENTION] [MENTION=78315]Roderick[/MENTION]

Nice! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup1:

Another pic from my Shave of the Day today...

Tech Tuesday / June 28, 2016

British Flat Bottom w/ Common Bar Handle and Polsilver SI
Rudy Vey DUKE w/ Envy White Supreme
Haslinger Schafmilch

$2016-06-28 at 00-00-00 (3).jpg

Top Bottom