What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, June 2016 - The Gillette Tech

When I first entered the world of Wet Shaving, I tried out all types of DE's before finally discovering my Fat Handled Pre-War Tech (1938-1945).

I have now PIFed all my DE's other than the 4 Pre-War Tech's I have. The Tech is my all-time favorite shaver. It is absolutely perfect in terms of handling, shaving, it's supreme mildness, and rock solid construction. I get effortless BBS shaves from it and I haven't purchased another DE in years. I have all I need.

I love my Gillette Tech. :thumbup1:

I usually pair mine with a Maggard's Stainless Steel #3 Handle and an Astra SP blade. It is winning combo I've been using for the last 2 years and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon. I have hit Wet Shaving Nirvana with Fat Handled Pre-War Gillette Tech.

Last edited:
I pair my 1970 Gillette Tech with a Maggard MR5 handle. The weight of the handle bumps-up the aggressiveness. I used it this morning.

Got a 50ies English tech, it's my only razor, but i feel it does the job it was created for. Very smooth, but as i dont have a point of reference...

I have a few Techs which I've never tried. :blushing:

The Tech head is probably the most versatile shaver I've used and for me it is very easy to get a completely error free shave with. Either the triangle slot pre-war or oval slot post-war shave equally well, and the last shave I had with a ball end post-war was probably my most comfortable yet.

Can't speak to the zamak head Tech's as I've never used one of those.

My first encounter with a Tech was a Prewar. It was the best thing since sliced bread. I switched to the NEW LC and RFB. I then gave the SC some love. I ended up switching to the Postwar Tech for my head shaves because the SC kept leveling a bump. Now the only razor I use is the postwar Tech for my face and head. It is very efficient and has perfect blade exposure. The postwar Tech is probably my endgame for razors. I've used a number of other razors, but the postwar Tech has proven to be the best razor for me.

My Jar 'O Techs...

$2016-04-01 at 00-00-00.jpg

Can you count how many there are...?

:thumbup1:

If we guess right, what do we win?

His Hybrid Tech ... :lol: I kid ... :laugh:

I thought this might happen... but I'm willing to indulge the spirit of friendly competition that we all love so much around here. So how about this as a prize - 1 tuck (10) of Polsilver Stainless Blades (if you like the Polsilver SI's you'll love these) AND a box of Junior Mints. In case of a tie, I'm willing to send each member w/ the correct answer the same prize.

Good luck!

$IMG_1560.jpg

I thought this might happen... but I'm willing to indulge the spirit of friendly competition that we all love so much around here. So how about this as a prize - 1 tuck (10) of Polsilver Stainless Blades (if you like the Polsilver SI's you'll love these) AND a box of Junior Mints. In case of a tie, I'm willing to send each member w/ the correct answer the same prize.

Good luck!

View attachment 663343

My guess is eight! :thumbup:

Good luck!

View attachment 663343
I'm not in, but thank you for your generosity! [emoji4]

Good luck!

View attachment 663343

Looks like 9 to me.

Top Bottom