What's new

My new Zenith brushes!

Hi guys, I found on eBay, two months ago, an Italian shaving brush branded Zenith. It looked nice with an aluminium handle and boar knot. Although interesting I found the price a bit high, especially with the shipping added out of USA to Europe, so I searched the net for the manufacturer, that I contacted for more formation regarding products and pricing.
Finally I got a reply with prices for most brushes they sell on their website, since there are no public prices on site. From their list of products I chose four brushes, two boars with an aluminum handle and a chromed copper handle, a synthetic silver tip copper chromed handle and manchurian with an olive wood handle. Yesterday I received my package, after a long wait, the handle in olive wood was exhausted, so I had to wait ten days pending replenishment and then four days with DHL from Italy. An unboxing and preview:

http://imgur.com/a/FiDVr
Insofar I really like the quality, esthetics and functionality of the brushes, especially the large pro barber handles and the olive wood is so nice looking. To be continued!

So after one night conditioning this is what they look like, next to my FS Silvertip and my R41.
$IMG_7465-1.jpg
First test palm lathering, using a Soap Commander Respect, 30s charge, 60s lathering.
Manchurian does best volume.
$IMG_7466-1.jpg
Synth does fastest lather.
$IMG_7467-1.jpg
Boar does not do much ;), need to break it in and work at it
$IMG_7470-1.jpg

$IMG_7473.jpg

I have one of the aluminum handled brushes. I've never heard of a copper chrome handle. Can you tell the difference?

Producing a lather with Zenith boar brushes has been a challenge for me. Something I tried last time was to use just the tips of the brush and it worked much better. But it's still a pita.

Yes, the packaging is better, since they are a bit more expensive, it's heavier, and chromed, it will keep its polish for a very long time, without needing the same amount of maintenance. I saw a photo of the copper handle without the chrome plating and its lovely, user jankd could chime in he's the ebay reseller that has them. The only problem without the coating is that it would start oxidizing the moment you look at it, I told Antonella that if they could manage the alloy they would sell quite a bit in copper non plated, they will think of a method to do so.

Thanks marty, it's a lather machine indeed with a good soap, most of mine are, well all are ;)

Beautiful - nice selection of brushes! I think the 57mm boar would be a great face lathering brush when broken in.

Sent via Tapatalk from phone

Insofar I prefer the synthetic and the manchurian, they both display more backbone than the boar.

Top Bottom