What's new

Has anyone had a meniscus tear?

At some point I have torn my ACL and meniscus. Don't know when (23 years military, 14 years law enforcement), knee has been problematic for years, finally got an MRI last month. Gonna let it be, doesn't bother very often. Bet it locks up one day, dumps me, then I'll get it fixed. Doc is saying a week off work and I'll be good as new. Right. Not nearly as bad of surgery as it used to be though.

I'd love if I just had to take some time off, but no dice. I'm scheduled for a scope in 3 weeks.

Thanks. The procedure is in 10 days, and I'm looking forward to it.
Goodluck $ea13f18535a39ee6f77fec22d36ff545.jpg

My wife has one in her hip. They told her's is a partial tear and has some fraying and that she would most likely need to have them go in and clean up the joint. They also said that if that didnt relieve her pain, she would be looking at a hip replacement.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Thanks. The procedure is in 10 days, and I'm looking forward to it.

Do I have to deliver a Geno's or a Pat's to the recovery room?

It's going to be a walk in the park, Bob. With the exception of not being able to go for a walk in the park.

Do I have to deliver a Geno's or a Pat's to the recovery room?

It's going to be a walk in the park, Bob. With the exception of not being able to go for a walk in the park.

I have to show up at 545 am. My doc has a day filled with knee replacements, and they squeeze the 15 minute meniscus surgeries in at the beginning of the day. They say I'll be home for the third hour of the Today Show.

I have to show up at 545 am. My doc has a day filled with knee replacements, and they squeeze the 15 minute meniscus surgeries in at the beginning of the day. They say I'll be home for the third hour of the Today Show.
Sound like an easy recovery, and hopefully rehab for ya:thumbup:

ouch

Wednesday? I'll be thinking of you.

And make sure you're grounded, just in case.

I'm home from the surgery now, a little sore and groggy from the anesthesia, but otherwise none the worse for wear.

ouch

I'm home from the surgery now, a little sore and groggy from the anesthesia, but otherwise none the worse for wear.

Not to scare you, but my wife has been having trouble with her knee. Her meniscus was removed about two years ago, and recently she has needed to have it drained every few weeks. Yesterday she had it drained and received another shot of something, and today she can't walk at all. I'm driving her back to the doctor right now.

Hope your recovery is flawless, Bob.

Good luck with the recovery! I'd like to offer only one bit of advice: the sooner you get rid of the swelling, the faster everything else happens (decreased pain, increased motion and strength). Ice often, elevate at rest, perform light exercises as prescribed, and take frequent short walks. You'll be back in no time!

Any formal therapy planned?

Top Bottom