What's new

There is no closed comb razor.

[FONT=&quot]Not to sound like a nit-picker but I often see on these threads someone refer to a razor as being a “closed comb”. There is no such thing. If there is an absent of a comb then it can’t be a closed comb. It is then a solid bar razor. Sorry but it’s my OCD I just had to point this out.

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Not to sound like a nit-picker but I often see on these threads someone refer to a razor as being a “closed comb”. There is no such thing. If there is an absent of a comb then it can’t be a closed comb. It is then a solid bar razor. Sorry but it’s my OCD I just had to point this out.

[/FONT]

If there is no 'closed' comb (and I'm prepared to believe you, when you say there is not) then does that mean that 'open' comb is a redundancy? Should it just be 'comb' and 'bar'. What about the R41 - is 'combed bar' appropriate?

If there is no 'closed' comb (and I'm prepared to believe you, when you say there is not) then does that mean that 'open' comb is a redundancy? Should it just be 'comb' and 'bar'. What about the R41 - is 'combed bar' appropriate?

I don't understand your point. There are open comb razors and solid bar razors. The R41 one is sort of a hybrid.

I don't understand your point. There are open comb razors and solid bar razors. The R41 one is sort of a hybrid.

I'm agreeing with you, but taking it to it's logical (OCDish) conclusion. If there is no such thing as a 'closed' comb (and it is unnecessary to say 'closed comb'), then it is not necessary to add 'open' to open comb. It's just 'comb', surely? The R41 is a hybrid - as you say - so would best be called a 'combed bar' or 'safety comb', in naming it.

I'm agreeing with you, but taking it to it's logical (OCDish) conclusion. If there is no such thing as a 'closed' comb (and it is unnecessary to say 'closed comb'), then it is not necessary to add 'open' to open comb. It's just 'comb', surely? The R41 is a hybrid - as you say - so would best be called a 'combed bar' or 'safety comb', in naming it.

I like that "combed bar". It is a good way to describe the R41.

proxy.php

I looked at your link Edgar and it seems I'm not the first one to bring this up. I guess it can get confusing. Some I really wouldn't know what to call the razor.

Top Bottom