What's new

I need tall/long golf shirts

I'm 6'6" and slim. My company purchases several brands of breathable golf shirts for us with our company logo monogrammed on a sleeve or breast area. In order for me to wear a shirt tucked in and not have to constantly adjust it, I need a long or tall sized shirt. Unfortunately, long sizes aren't offered through the particular vendor or catalog we use.
I hate to put the office manager through too much extra work just because I'm "special needs" so if there are vendors anyone else is aware of that I could point her to I'd appreciate hearing about them. I would request an allowance or reimbursement to purchase my own shirts but I highly doubt the file for the company logo will be freely given out (one of the world's most valuable brands).
Thoughts?

I'm sure that your company's business is very important to the makers of the shirts. Ask them nicely to do a couple of "Tall" shirts for you.

I'm looking at our company store where we can order company branded stuff, and don't see an option for a tall version of the Nike Dri Fit golf shirt.

its probably a little more in the "uniform" realm, but I know Cintas offers long/tall versions of some of their shirts.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If that is what they want you to wear, they should find a way. Unless you had a weird growth spurt, you were 6' 6" when they hired you. I wouldn't get snooty about it, just explain the problem you are having with fit. You, and your appearance, represent the company.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have a local guy that I take shirts to and have my logo embroidered on. I could get the shirts through him, but I like that I can get the style and material that I want. The setup fee was 100 to digitize the image and he charges $12 per shirt for a chest logo. If your manager would approve an arrangement like that you could probably find appropriate shirts wherever you already shop.

The intellectual property issues of the logo shouldn't be an issue anymore than having a printer creating stationary.

I'm looking at our company store where we can order company branded stuff, and don't see an option for a tall version of the Nike Dri Fit golf shirt.

its probably a little more in the "uniform" realm, but I know Cintas offers long/tall versions of some of their shirts.

Nike Golf doesn't make a tall size. The ones you see on eBay and the like are all fake.

Cutter and Buck make tall sizes. As does Callaway.

We had a similar problem at our company. We have a variety of body styles here and no one embroidery outfit made stuff that would properly fit everybody. Since I am the head of marketing and sales, we all agreed to just wear whatever fits us well...and we bought some pin on logos for trade shows. It looks fine and people are free to get stuff that fits properly.

Top Bottom