What's new

FS: B&M 42, Fine Slant, and WD Boar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for sale are the following items:

1. Barrister and Mann 42. Lathered only twice! I hate to be a "flipper," but this soap made my skin itchy, so it has to go. The new Glissant base is truly outstanding, however, and the scent is lovely.

-Retailed for $18 on release day. I'll do $20, with CONUS shipping included.

proxy.php

2. Fine Accoutrements slant safety razor. This is a nifty little razor, but I need more heft, so I'm letting it go.

-Retails for $30. I'll do $25, with CONUS shipping included.

proxy.php

3. Whipped Dog 24mm boar hair brush, with ivory colored handle. I believe that I've used it about a dozen times. Possibly a bit more. The stink is pretty much gone, but it always feels coarse when I use it, so I'm letting it go. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about boar brushes to say how it is doing with its break in period, but I would assume that it has a ways to go.

-Retails for $21. I'll do $15, with CONUS shipping included.

proxy.php

I would almost be interested in the 42 simply because I'm a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan! But I don't think the scent is for me (and I'm not in CONUS!). Good luck with the sale!

fyi on the WD brush. I recently bought one used over B/S/T and it was also described as something like coarse. I have used it a lot since then (alternating between other boar brushes so that will help break it in). It *will* soften, but compared to softer boar brushes I have (eg Semogue SOC) it is on the other end of stiffness, stiffer than the two B&B boars and my Semogue 1305, but not way out of the range of those brushes.

I love the WD boar (I love boar brushes), so hopefully this will help those looking for a "manly" boar brush. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom