What's new

200th Shave

Today was my 200[SUP]th[/SUP] double edge shave. I started this new (to me!) method of shaving back in mid-November. I started with a Merkur HD 34C, cheap badger brush, and some creams with good reviews, all from that Amazonian online retailer.

Since then, based on posts here and elsewhere, I have spent more money than I imagined. And while I do control the finance department, I still want to blame the interweb, specifically shaving forums and supplier sites, for tempting me beyond what I was able to withstand, and make all these purchases!

Seriously, I am glad I have made this journey. Today’s shave was a great one on a morning I had to go to work. Nothing special was done, just my typical workday routine. Yet the shave was a standout. In part, that is also the interweb’s fault! While I mastered (am still learning to master) the techniques, my hardware and software choices have been greatly influenced by members on the forums. And my questions on technique and other issues have been answered most helpfully on the forums.

I just wanted to say Thanks to you all!

I lost count after a few months.
BUT, I agree it's the internet's fault. I had one razor for about 25 years, now 10-15 straights and 10 DE"s. I too have spent a bundle.
I can't resist soap an razors. I had to make rules for surfing eBay. Place one bid and a max bid and then watch, no extra bids!
Straights are another beast. I have Zzowada customs.

You know, with all the shaves I've had so far, for some reason I never thought to count them out. Would've been nice. I'm happy with the money I've "saved" in this hobby.

Congratulations on your 200th shave!

Congrats! I know after a year and a half it's still fun and the highlite of my morning. I keep it real simple though as a minimalist, so definitely saving money after the initial investment in trying some razors and zeroing in on what works.

Top Bottom