What's new

Your Inner Nerd

I can't really relate to the radio shak stuff but my wife just rolls her eyes and walks away when I start rambling about the ancient astronaut theory and how the universe ticks. Now, I'm not saying I'm well versed in either but it's intriguing, none the less. I guess I'm an incognito nerd as none of my friends know that side of me.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I am doing some learning about the Russo Japanese War, which took place in 1904 and 1905.

Does that mean that I am a nerd?

Few people know about this was which took place before the First World War.

Ancient Astronaut Theory. An interesting conversation starter. Not something I can pretend to agree with, but it really gets the mind rolling, and it does a great job getting people interested and researching the actual or possible history that otherwise would not!

I always get branded as a nerd whenever I try to hold an intelligent conversation about DE shaving with anybody who is uninitiated in the fine art of Old School wet shaving !!

I also get regarded as a bit of a nerd when I try to engage anyone in a conversation about Vostok Amphibian 200m Automatic Diver Watches from Russia - Even as I'm typing this, I've got a black dial 110 on my wrist
(and a Black dial 060, Blue/Black dial 100, Black Scuba Dude 710 and a Blue Numeric dial 090 in my wrist rotation)

People often roll their eyes if I share my knowledge about James Bond films, especially if I try to compare the films to the original books by Ian Fleming

Very few people share my enthusiasm for Country Music, the very few who'll even admit to liking Country, often misname it as "Country & Western"(I hate that), although some claim to be Johnny Cash fans, nobody seems to know who I'm talking about when I mention names like Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Chris LeDoux or occasionally even Garth Brooks - Oddly though, they often recognise their songs !!

But top of the list..........

Anybody who knows me has banned me from even mentioning the name "Mafia Wars", some have even declared Facebook a taboo subject !!

Man, the old Radio Shack catalogs were great. As were the old Radio Shacks.

I can remember wandering around in the one in Kinston, NC as a child just fascinated as all get out.

Somehow I wound up on several of the mailing lists, and I would get the RS catalog, the Allied catalog until the merger with RS, and the Lafayette catalog.

And once I landed in ET school in the Navy many of the things that had previously been facts I knew became principles I understood.

Nerds rule. Even old nerds.

I always get branded as a nerd whenever I try to hold an intelligent conversation about DE shaving with anybody who is uninitiated in the fine art of Old School wet shaving !!

I also get regarded as a bit of a nerd when I try to engage anyone in a conversation about Vostok Amphibian 200m Automatic Diver Watches from Russia - Even as I'm typing this, I've got a black dial 110 on my wrist
(and a Black dial 060, Blue/Black dial 100, Black Scuba Dude 710 and a Blue Numeric dial 090 in my wrist rotation)

People often roll their eyes if I share my knowledge about James Bond films, especially if I try to compare the films to the original books by Ian Fleming

Very few people share my enthusiasm for Country Music, the very few who'll even admit to liking Country, often misname it as "Country & Western"(I hate that), although some claim to be Johnny Cash fans, nobody seems to know who I'm talking about when I mention names like Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Chris LeDoux or occasionally even Garth Brooks - Oddly though, they often recognise their songs !!

But top of the list..........

Anybody who knows me has banned me from even mentioning the name "Mafia Wars", some have even declared Facebook a taboo subject !!

In my later 30's now, at work I'm one of the 'young guys'. I talk all the time about the things I play on guitar or load on the MP3 for the car. The ones I'm a little closer to at work are near retirement and they never have a clue what I'm on about. For the record, I like a little Janis Martin, Jack Scott, things like that, or the more 'main stream' Buddy Holly or Bill Haley etc.. You should hear all the younger part timers when I have it going!

I read astronomy textbooks for the sheer pleasure it and bore people to death explaining the H-R diagram of stellar evolution to Astro-noobs. Nerd pride lives here!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I basically make video games for a living, and travel the world deploying them at events. So I'm a nerd for sure. Plus I like Star Wars AND Star Trek!

Oh yeah, major nerd here. Electronics, computers and software professionally and as hobbies. Ham Radio. I pretty much only read textbooks - advanced mathematics and physics mostly, but a zillion other topics as well. Yep, nerd.

Music.... As much as I can absorb. Whether it be listening or making my own. I like various musical instruments and have taken on trying to learn a few on a basic level. My primary hobby/passion is bass and guitar.

Big time nerd

We are all members of a male dominated grooming forum.

$tumblr_mloa08X1v91rq3i3ro1_1280.gif

Top Bottom