What's new

ERN inquire

shockingly found what is considered a antique shop by me and asked for any razors and the guy said yes only one and showed me this

ERN Wald-germany 1633
$IMG_20160527_121435285.jpg$IMG_20160527_121444260.jpg$IMG_20160527_121450113.jpg

Asked him the Price and he was like $150 because of the Ivory handle.

I am sure i can haggle with him but any info about this razor blade in general??Worth?? Can it be actual ivory?? date?? i am clueless about straights.

For some odd reason my phone didn't save the pic of the actually blade but it was in nice shape..

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We can't do valuations but I can tell you the scales are not ivory, they have been cast and are a known pattern that has been used on many different razor models.
That being said the scales are in excellent shape, but I don't see enough of the blade clearly to form a judgement on the condition.

yea, i chuckled when he said the price.

I didn't mean any harm in asking for a valuation.

Just was wondering cause i see some ERNs go for $30 to $200+ on Ebay and wondered whats the difference.

A good looking razor and you might be able to slash his price by letting him know it isn't ivory. Ivory is such a unique material that many people have trouble identifying it.

ERN razors are great.

But that one has been honed down to a nub. That's a $10 razor, or better yet just give it a pass.

As said above, definitely NOT ivory! But the scales are pretty cool and look to be in great shape. I'd give $25 for the scales alone. But sit sounds like this guy will just wait until some ignorant noob comes along looking to drop money on something they know nothing about.

Smart of you Mr. Yum Yum to seek counsel here. As Seraphim noted, that seller is just looking for an innocent sheep to shear, or perhaps he is truly misinformed. Caveat emptor.

ERN razors are great.

But that one has been honed down to a nub. That's a $10 razor, or better yet just give it a pass.

As said above, definitely NOT ivory! But the scales are pretty cool and look to be in great shape. I'd give $25 for the scales alone. But sit sounds like this guy will just wait until some ignorant noob comes along looking to drop money on something they know nothing about.
+1

Top Bottom