What's new

What's your favorite piece of classical music?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Mine is the second movement of Beethoven's 7th symphony. The man was pure genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on mood. Some days I like Beethoven's Pastoral; some day I prefer Chopin's Prelude Number 4; some days Night on Bald Mountain; and some days only Bach's Tocca and Fugue will do.

I love how the music tells the stories in Rinsky Korsikov's Scheherazade. Just awesome.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Owen:
For me, it's defiantly;

1) Handel - Water Music: Suite 2

2) Dvořák! - Symphony no. 9 - 4th movement - Allegro con fuoco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvcFlLegKSI

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul..." Plato[/FONT]

lots of good ones. One of my faves is this, gets me feeling swashbuckly inside

Aww - that is an unfair question!

Some days, it's Mahler's 9th.

Other days, it's Ravel's Piano Concerto in G. Then again, it could be Rachmaninov's 3rd Piano Concerto. Or Takemitsu's From Me Flows What You Call Time. Then again, how about Dutilleux's Metaboles? Or his Shadows of Time? Or Vaughan Williams' Lark Ascending?

Today, it was Ravel's La Valse. Tomorrow - who knows?

That's tough. Honestly I really can't pick just one thing. Just about all of the above could qualify, and many more. I'll pick a "favorite for today" - a little Smetana. I'll say, I am pretty partial to the Romantic Period.

Aaron Copeland
Appalachian Spring,

Handel's Messiah

Pachelbel Canon in D Minor

Beethoven 5 th Symphony

Wagner The Ride of the Valkyries

And many more...
:thumbup1:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
It might be cliché, but the first movement of Piano Sonata No.14, Op.27 No.2 (Moonlight Sonata) by Beethoven. I would post a link to it, but I'm just not finding a recording of it on YouTube that is played in the manner that I prefer, with a tempo around 44 bpm.

The most perfect recording of the most (maybe) perfect piece of music ever composed. Be prepared for perfection....

Itzhak Perlman, Violin - The Philharmonia Orchestra, Carlo Maria Giulini, conductor

Top Bottom