What's new

Mama Bear's New Florida Water Soap

Yesterday first tried the new product from Mama Bear, her Florida Water soap. Initial go with a Simpson Colonel X2L; it was not a great experience.

Not being one to form a hard/fast opinion after only one try...I gave it another go today. Quote is from another post on another thread-

We're gonna try the Mama Bear Florida Water offering again today. This time with a different brush. Not sure I'm going to like this soap. Being it is a glycerin based product, it is more than a little different from any of my other soaps and performance is not what I might have expected. The evaluation continues......

Later that afternoon.......Significantly better experience today with the Mama Bear. Seems this soap requires a couple things:

1. A largish brush. The SOC fit just fine. Did a very good job.
2. A somewhat deep bowl to load (and lather if you are of the bowl lathering school). Loading right off the puck can be done but it's kind of a hinky process.

Not saying glycerin based soaps will prove to be a regular part of my agenda, but in all this is a decent soap. There are better; there are worse..MUCH worse.

I never had a problem generating a nice, smooth, slick, comfortable lather with Mama Bear soaps. Give it a few more tries to dial it in before you make a judgment. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I found my Mama Bears Florida Water soap to be spot on. Perfect lather and slickness, 3 passes and finished with Florida Water cologne----wonderful experience!

Top Bottom