What's new

My anniversay Set

I have a question. I just was lucky enough to find a gold Rocket HD- style and wonder if that what was originally or did the Anniversary set came with a "standard gold rocket"? Without the HD neck? Picture of my set and a picture of a ad at Achims site. That ad raised the question. The ad shows two different razors and I've seen that before. A bit confusing! $13307301_10208518783101050_1685407200725387698_n.jpg$C 1951 gold Rocket Anniversary Set England.jpg

that´s a good question. I don´t know a british gold colored TTO from 1951 without the gap at the knob, like the razor from the Ad.
I´ve a NOS Anniversary set No52A, that comes with a Paperclip Rocket HD style, so I think, your set is right and the advertising is misleading. The Ad says " ...with extra thick handle" - that handle has only the Rocket HD style.

proxy.php

Last edited:
that´s a good question. I don´t know a british gold colored TTO from 1951 without the gap at the knob, like the razor from the Ad.
I´ve a NOS Anniversary set No52A, that comes with a Paperclip Rocket HD style, so I think, your set is right and the advertising is misleading. The Ad says " ...with extra thick handle" - that handle has only the Rocket HD style.

proxy.php
Thank you Achim! I have that set too, the paper clip, but still looking for the right dispenser!

Those ads are just artist's renderings and are usually a little crude and imprecise.

I wouldn't bet the farm on an old ad.

Looks like a gold Aristocrat Jr, razor that gets loaded with a blade! I guess that's just some "error" when some artist made that lovely ad? They dont exist, do they?

Thanks Achim. Actually I've seen that one quite a few times before. :blushing:

But I agree with Toby, some of these old ads are a bit imprecise.

It seems Gillette was not above using "other artwork" like in this Parat instruction sheet.
Might have been an approaching deadline or production costs or a fine blend of each.
It was not a point and click world back then.

To me this looks like a No.16 in the graphics.
proxy.php

Top Bottom