What's new

Fragrance Friday: Czech & Speake Giveaway!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
It has arrived!!

International shipping (I'm in Canada, eh :tongue_sm) for anything containing alcohol is always fun. You never know if Canada Customs will simply decide to confiscate, charge Duty, or just pass it through.

More details to follow, but for now, here's a big shout out to West Coast Shaving , one of B&B's longest participating vendors. :ouch1:

Last edited by a moderator:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Apologies for not posting more pics and a review right away, but I wanted to do an honest assessment rather than a quick turn-around review which might not do it justice.
Note: I did take all the pics on Friday when it came in though. :tongue_sm

So without further delay, let us begin.....

Opened the box and found the cologne well protected in bubble wrap, and then further wrapped in filler paper to avoid movement. Upon removing the paper, there is something else in the box as well. Surprises are always welcome! (Except for extra tax bills :tongue_sm)

As you can see, I chose the Oxford & Cambridge scent as my pick of the Czech & Speake Cologne from West Coast Shaving. Actually, I had discussed the various choices with SWMBO, and we both picked Lavender as the desired scent.

The 10th Anniversary edition of the B&B Essential boar is a very much appreciated surprise. I have the Sue edition and it is my daily driver, surpassing even the mighty Shavemac that has passed through my house.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
(continued)

The inside of the C&S box is simple, yet quite effective for holding the cologne in place. Yet, allows easy access to the bottle and replacement should you wish to keep it in the box. The bottle itself is quite dark, almost to the point of being black. I had to hold it up to the light and look at it from various angles to read it. :tongue_sm

Once uncapped, the atomizer has a little label ring that says "Lavender" on it. Not sure if that is standard for all C&S colognes or just because the label is so dark. In any event, enough about the packaging and presentation. They're top notch in a classy understated way. :thumbup1:

On to the scent.

The initial spray on a wrist was very nice; florals! Not overpowering and I could not detect anything that smelled synthetic. When I say florals, I don't mean roses and such, I mean that it smells like the SWMBO's garden. Lots of delicate scents that combine to give ... not *A* single scent, but a blend of scents. I'm horrible at picking out individual notes, but it reminded me of our rosemary and sage when flowering, as well as the lilac tree from our old house, blended with some ferny goodness. See, I told you my nose is wonky.

All I know is that I like it. :thumbup1:

I waited a few days to post, as I wanted to test the longevity of the scent and to see how it behaved while sweating outdoors as well as being in an indoor environment. Applying a morning spray to the collarbone area and another single spray to the wrists (rubbed together then rubbed behind ears), it smells REALLY nice for a few hours in both hot outdoor conditions as well as indoor. The scent from outdoors ended up most lost after about 6 hours, most likely due to excessive body heat and sweat, but the indoor test was still ever so slight noticeable when getting ready for bed. If I were going out in the evening, I would probably look to re-apply.

I normally use just aftershave without a cologne, EdP, or EdT but I can see this getting used if I go out at night for a work event, night out with SWMBO, or just to visit good friends. It would be a nice pick-me-up to start the day off right if you wake up feeling overly tired and need something to perk up your spirits.

The fact that it is a nice unisex scent means that it is also an option for SWMBO's use as well. BTW she likes the scent too, and that's a BIG sign of it being a winner! :thumbup:

Thank you West Coast Shaving and thank you B&B :ouch1:

Top Bottom